Atlanta Gas Prices up to $5.00 per Gallon

7 replies to this topic
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted September 12, 2001 - 02:31 AM

Man, I saw gas prices ranging from $1.50 to $5.00 per gallon on the way into work this morning.....Where the hell did this come from ? Did someone blow up the us oil reserves overnight? When I went home yesterday gas was $1.30 per gallon. 5 of the 6 stations that are gouging in my area are owned by people of mid-east decent.....Go Figure !

• tbronco

Posted September 12, 2001 - 02:40 AM

I guess it won't take much to convince your neighbors to boycot them then!!!

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 12, 2001 - 02:51 AM

same thing in Illinois, according to my friend's Mom.

• mcarp

Posted September 12, 2001 - 03:46 AM

Yep, same thing in Ohio. Glad I work from home and don't commute!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted September 12, 2001 - 07:09 AM

Ive never seen insanity in my town like I seen yesterday. About 2:00 pm people were lined up 40-50 cars deep at every gas station and trying to cram in front of each other like it was the last time you were ever gonna be able to buy gas.

I never saw $5 a gallon gas but anybody that pays that needs a head check.
Posted Image

------------------
Posted Image
Darin in Missouri - 1999 WR400F
Enduro Heaven - Ozark Mountain TrailRiders

[This message has been edited by MOmilkman (edited September 12, 2001).]

• SC_Spode

Posted September 12, 2001 - 07:21 AM

Hey guys,
here in SC our Attorney General has asked that anyone seeing any price gouging report it to their office so they can prosecute. Didn't hear if it was under state or federal law, but you may want to check it out in your area and drop a dime on them if needed.
It might also be worth a call to the news people in the area so they can come down and put them on TV to expose them for the low-life they are.
It's kind of hard to deny your actions when they're 20 feet in the air on a sign.

• MX_Tuner

Posted September 12, 2001 - 01:11 PM

Yup, they started something similar here in Atlanta. The local news is making an example of a couple of the attempted gougers. The State govt. has phone numbers to call in that instance.

------------------
MX Tuner

• SchlepRock

Posted September 16, 2001 - 04:23 PM

We had 3 store owners arrested for jacking up the prices of gas.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.