Installing a HID light????

4 replies to this topic
  • motorat

Posted January 25, 2006 - 01:27 PM

I have a BMW Bixenon light I would like to put on my wr426. It has to have high beem which is what Bixenon is cause it's street legal. What do I need to do? I have a Diamond light on there which I think is 35w and it's not bright enough for me.

• tmckeown

Posted January 26, 2006 - 05:17 AM

You need to put cabling and fuse from battery to front and have a switch for it. You can find my thread from here:

Timo Mc

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steve lemley

Posted January 26, 2006 - 07:40 AM

careful. Baja designs says that running a light more than 35w on a WR without a beefed up stator can put serious stress on your stator or kill your battery over long night rides or cause your lights to flicker at low rpm's... Upgrade your stator or look into different bulb sources with the same wattage, one or the other!!!

• motorat

Posted January 26, 2006 - 02:00 PM

from what I hear is HID only use 35w. It take like 130-150w to start. I figure if I ran a battery it would take the starting power.

• tmckeown

Posted January 26, 2006 - 10:57 PM

It would not start from the stator anyway, so you have to use battery on it.
HID will not flicker easy because voltage range for that ballast is from 9v to 16v. Battery voltage has to drop below 9v until it will go off

Timo Mc

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.