FMF powerbomb header on WR

13 replies to this topic
  • WR400Fdunk

Posted January 25, 2006 - 09:44 AM

has anyone tryed it yet.. i was thinking about looking into getting one but i would like to hear some feedback from people who have tryed it. thanks

• SPDFRK450

Posted January 25, 2006 - 12:47 PM

I have the powerbomb header, and the power core 4 silencer on my bike. I have to say its a great combo. The bike sounds great, and was probably on of the best mods I did to it.

• motorat

Posted January 25, 2006 - 01:14 PM

I have the power bomb and the T4 FMF muffler. Loud I want to find a silencer for it.
the header turns orange.

• jaggley

Posted January 25, 2006 - 03:29 PM

I have the header and stock silencer on my '04. I like it, It improved the exhaust without costing too much.

• Bamster

Posted January 25, 2006 - 03:42 PM

The best thing is you won't have to fuss with it when doing oil and filter changes. :thumbsup:

• kirkw

Posted January 25, 2006 - 03:54 PM

I have a powerbomb SX (vs. the MX) and a Q. I had the Q before the powerbomb with a stock header. I noticed no sound reduction, but did notice some improvment on the bottom end. If I had to make a decision solely based on potential increased performance, I woudl say the money is better spent elsewhere. However, since I had to remove the stock header to change my oil and do not withthe powerbomb, it is well worth it.

• Matty05

Posted January 25, 2006 - 04:03 PM

The best thing is you won't have to fuss with it when doing oil and filter changes. :thumbsup:

That is the only problem with the longer header styles, like on my Procircuit Ti GP lowboy system. You have to loosen the header to change the oil filter. I use the oportunity to take off my exhaust system to clean it and inspect it for cracks / damage / muffler packing. There is only 3 bolts and a nut holding the whole exhaust system on anyway. I also change the header exhaust gasket if needed.

I am willing to put up with this, the performance gain with torque is unbelievable, I would never go back to a shorter header.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NuckingFuts

Posted January 25, 2006 - 05:59 PM

Not much in the way of performance (small increase down low)but ez oil changes as mentioned.

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 25, 2006 - 06:21 PM

Is FMF sending a heat shield with it? I know guys that were burning their boots with the early models. FMF issued an afterthought shield that att'd with a hose clamp. :thumbsup:

• dirtryder52

Posted January 25, 2006 - 07:10 PM

i have it on my 04 and its awsome.. wish i had a heat sheild though since ive buned boots and pants. which sucks. lol try not to fall on it either. i have the titanium one and the fell the first ride out on some rocks and i dented it, sucks but no power loss

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 25, 2006 - 07:18 PM

i have it on my 04 and its awsome.. wish i had a heat sheild though since ive buned boots and pants. which sucks. lol try not to fall on it either. i have the titanium one and the fell the first ride out on some rocks and i dented it, sucks but no power loss

I just froze out a dent (a gnarly performance robbing big dent), on my stock header. I read about it in this forum and it worked really good, I was skeptical but pleasantly surprised in the end :thumbsup:

• moach1

Posted January 25, 2006 - 07:29 PM

i have the powerbomb and pc4 and love it. sounds awesome. little performance

• WR400Fdunk

Posted January 25, 2006 - 07:34 PM

awesome, i'll be getting one soon. thanks

• standup rider

Posted January 26, 2006 - 08:04 AM

I am the third owner of my 99 WR400 and my exhaust passes above the oil filter to where I have no problem changing the filter. I compare it to picture's I have of stock exhausts and it looks stock. I don't notice anywhere that it has been cut/turned and re-welded so I don't know what to make of it. Anybody have any idea's as to what's up with mine. Of course I am not complaining, Yamaha wasn't very smart in desiigning it in the way of the filter.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.