wr/yz stator swap.....help!!!

28 replies to this topic
  • slopoke

Posted February 06, 2006 - 10:35 PM

what exactly did you have to do?? i'm ordering my wr426 stuff tomorrow...need to know!!!...lol...thanks

• essex426

Posted February 09, 2006 - 12:43 PM

what exactly did you have to do?? i'm ordering my wr426 stuff tomorrow...need to know!!!...lol...thanks

This was the reply i got from electro sport,after asking about the wiring. The pink wire gets split in half. The half connected to the stator will feed out as your new lighting wire (this mod is to convert the stator into DC and charge a battery). The other half of the pink wire still attached to the connector will now be an external ground wire. Ground this to your frame or side case. They have got a diagram on their website too.If you dont want to use a battery,i think you just do the pink wire mod and put a voltage regulator in, connected to the live(yellow)wire.The other regulator wire goes to ground.It worked on mine, but check it out properly before you do it.It just means you spend some time on the net, it's better than messing it up.Good luck.

• worxster

Posted July 31, 2006 - 07:01 AM

Hi chaps Question?
Can i use a wr426 stator (Genuine Yamaha ) on my YZ426 with the standard yz flywheel ? will it work ?

If so are the units plug and play ? Sorry for the dumb ass :thumbsup: question i am not to jacked on electrical at all.

• essex426

Posted July 31, 2006 - 09:44 AM

Hi chaps Question?
Can i use a wr426 stator (Genuine Yamaha ) on my YZ426 with the standard yz flywheel ? will it work ?

If so are the units plug and play ? Sorry for the dumb ass :thumbsup: question i am not to jacked on electrical at all.

No they are different sizes.You have to use the WR flywheel too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • worxster

Posted July 31, 2006 - 10:18 AM

Cool thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Regarding that mod will i require any other wr parts that i am unaware of ?
PS. does it plug in or is a wiring mod required if so any info regarding wiring?

again many thanx

• essex426

Posted July 31, 2006 - 01:08 PM

Cool thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Regarding that mod will i require any other wr parts that i am unaware of ?
PS. does it plug in or is a wiring mod required if so any info regarding wiring?

again many thanx

If you are fitting WR f/w & stator to run lights, then you will want a voltage regulator,i used a WR one.
You need to do the pink wire mod.
Ie: cut the pink wire and connect the end that leads to the block connector, to the frame ground.Otherwise it wont run.Tape up the other end.
Electrex do a wiring diagram, they say to unsolder a wire on the stator,but i don't think you need to unless you want to use a battery.You could check their website.
Tee into the yellow with the regulator, Yellow wire is power for light etc.
Hope that helps.

• worxster

Posted July 31, 2006 - 10:47 PM

Thanx Again For all help will let you know the outcome.

• worxster

Posted August 02, 2006 - 07:44 AM

If you are fitting WR f/w & stator to run lights, then you will want a voltage regulator,i used a WR one.
You need to do the pink wire mod.
Ie: cut the pink wire and connect the end that leads to the block connector, to the frame ground.Otherwise it wont run.Tape up the other end.
Electrex do a wiring diagram, they say to unsolder a wire on the stator,but i don't think you need to unless you want to use a battery.You could check their website.
Tee into the yellow with the regulator, Yellow wire is power for light etc.
Hope that helps.

ESSEX426 :thumbsup: thanx for the help bro all in and working vitually plug and play

Over all cost +- 280USD

• essex426

Posted August 02, 2006 - 10:36 AM

Nice one.
Glad it worked ok.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.