Noise Noise Noise!!!

3 replies to this topic
  • 426pilot

Posted January 24, 2006 - 10:06 PM

96db blah blah blah. I'd love to comply but I can't figure out how to get my bike's noise level tested. Any ideas?

• deadeye1340

Posted January 24, 2006 - 11:49 PM

Take your bike in the back of the pick up truck, down to the local music store. They should have a db meter and may hook you up with a sound check.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 25, 2006 - 09:24 AM

Go to a riding area you know they test and just ask to get tested. If you are not riding they wont fine you. I had a BLM Ranger test mine. He did it with my open cap and my quiet cap. Pretty cool, now I know.

• tutta_velocita

Posted January 26, 2006 - 12:44 PM

Yep, go to a local riding park if there is one near you. They should have a sound testing station. All parks around here do anyways. I bought my '00 YZ426f two weeks ago and after I rode it all weekend at Hollister, I rode into the sound testing area and had it tested. I figured that with the White Brothers E-Series exhaust (even with a quiet core II insert) it would probably be too loud.

Turns out, it tested at 96.5 db. Yeehaw. :thumbsup: :bonk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.