Ty Davis Desert Tank Cleaning Help

5 replies to this topic
  • Sigtober

Posted January 24, 2006 - 09:57 PM

I have the Ty Davis Desert gas tank in the natural color. I really love it, but my boots rub on it and they make black marks on it. How do I clean this off? It sounds strange but I’m a real freak when it comes to my bike looking clean. :thumbsup: Any good solvents or cleaners you guys use for this kind of problem?

• B86_Racer

Posted January 24, 2006 - 10:18 PM

Have you tried Contact Cleaner (Brake Parts Cleaner) yet?

• Sigtober

Posted January 24, 2006 - 10:53 PM

Have you tried Contact Cleaner (Brake Parts Cleaner) yet?

No. You mean like break cleaner? Or carb cleaner? The stuff that comes in the aerosol cans? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Derwud

Posted January 25, 2006 - 05:24 AM

Brake cleaner not Carb Cleaner...

• Matty05

Posted January 25, 2006 - 06:24 AM

For getting the marks off - just rub it off with a scotch brite pad (those green washing up thingy's). No solvent is going to get that off without doing damage to the tank.

• jgerdi

Posted January 25, 2006 - 06:58 AM

I don't know about your tank. But I too am a fanatic about my bikes. I use mineral spirits on my white number plates instead of sos pads and they com out like new. Just so you know, I'm in florida and most of our tracks are red clay and the red stays. My ritual is ..simple green, then mineral spirits on the tuff stuff and then spary her down with wd40 so that its easier the next time.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.