01 Wr426 Timing And The Gray Wire

3 replies to this topic
  • crfrider42

Posted January 24, 2006 - 09:39 PM

I have a friend with a 01 wr426 and is going to move the exhuast cam one tooth. Does he also need to cut the gray wire on the cdi?

• jbrooks26

Posted January 24, 2006 - 11:01 PM

I did not cut mine, just pulled it out of the connector and tapped it up so it would not short out. Then i sealed the connector back up with a pencil eraser, tight fit but no troubles. Truthfully, I did not notice much difference with the wire. But I am not a professional rider, just a weekend warrior. Hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crfrider42

Posted January 24, 2006 - 11:53 PM

Hey Josh, did you change your exhuast cam timing? Or did you just undo the gray wire?

• jbrooks26

Posted January 25, 2006 - 01:25 AM

I am YZ timed, huge change with the cam timing change. However, I didn't really notice any difference after the grey wire removal. :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.