PJ1 Frame paint

11 replies to this topic
  • exaresix

Posted January 24, 2006 - 05:12 PM

I picked up a 2000 model xr600 the other day that has lost some frame paint in the usual places. Does anyone here have experience with PJ1 silver frame and case paint for Hondas? Is it a perfect color match? Any tips for application? (I have some on order)

• nate992v

Posted January 25, 2006 - 06:36 AM

the Kawasaki green that I bought was really close. Due to some fading, it wasn't perfect. Make sure you get the primer and clearcoat, too.

• exaresix

Posted January 25, 2006 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for the advice on getting the primer and clearcoat, I just ordered some of that after reading your reply.

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted January 25, 2006 - 08:03 PM

Well of course the Kawasaki green didn't quite match your Honda!

• wr450fyamaha

Posted January 25, 2006 - 09:08 PM

why are you in this forum? u dont even have a honda let alone a pig!!

• exaresix

Posted January 25, 2006 - 09:13 PM

Do you have any useful advice? Have you ever used a frame paint in the can, or had any experience with PJ1 paint? If so, please share your experience. Otherwise, please take your mouthy bulls**t elsewhere.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nate992v

Posted January 25, 2006 - 09:37 PM

The "Team Green" was for a Tecate that I had.

• oregon_rider

Posted January 25, 2006 - 10:24 PM

I picked up a 2000 model xr600 the other day that has lost some frame paint in the usual places. Does anyone here have experience with PJ1 silver frame and case paint for Hondas? Is it a perfect color match? Any tips for application? (I have some on order)

I bought some of this paint for my 2004 xr250r - I am not sure it is the same silver used on your bike. On my 2004 model - this paint is very closely matched to the oem paint.

jeff

• nate992v

Posted January 26, 2006 - 07:49 AM

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Some paints are year specific.

• exaresix

Posted January 28, 2006 - 04:47 PM

PJ1 advertises this paint as "frame and case" paint." The oem frame paint is lighter (more silvery) in color than that on the side cases. It will be interesting to see which one PJ1 decided to match — the frame or the case.

• motomonte

Posted January 30, 2006 - 07:15 AM

Tough I have'nt used the PJ1 paint I can recomend "REAL STEEL" from State Chemicals (prod. #44815)it leaves a color that matches the cases very well and it's a tough paint,resists oil and rust.As to where to find it you'll have to chek the web to find a retailer near you since its an industrial prod. I got a few cans where I work (My boss gave them to me by the way). :thumbsup:

• exaresix

Posted January 31, 2006 - 08:02 PM

OK, got the PJ1 paint today. It is a beautiful match for the frame paint, but not the side cases.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.