bars (650L)

9 replies to this topic
  • desert4seat

Posted January 24, 2006 - 04:56 PM

whatsup all,
kinda new to DP bikes...I've only ridden dirt only. But now i own a 650L (and i love it). The question i got is...What handlebars you guys find work the best? The stock ones feel too low, and something just isnt right with them. What do you L guys recommend? Thanks!

• wr450fyamaha

Posted January 24, 2006 - 06:42 PM

i love my pro taper fatty bars.....ive never had anything else on her (she came with em) there kind of expensive....bars are about 75 and the mounting kit is also about 75.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted January 24, 2006 - 06:45 PM

i love my pro taper fatty bars.....ive never had anything else on her (she came with em) there kind of expensive....bars are about 75 and the mounting kit is also about 75. and ive dropped her a few times...once going about 25mph on frozen ground....slid on her side for about 20 feet or more, there still straight as new. I also cracked the left bark buster....it hit the ground HARD....screwed the front fender and left side panel all up.....there still straight.

• roadcam

Posted January 24, 2006 - 07:33 PM

the bars designated " CR-HI " are popular with your bike, raise it about an inch or so

• desert4seat

Posted January 24, 2006 - 09:37 PM

roadcam, raise the "CR-HI" bars an inch when mounting them, OR they are an inch higher than stock bars??? confused...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • radvocaat

Posted January 24, 2006 - 10:30 PM

I put the pro taper fatty bars on my XRL as well, with the mounting kit, raises them about an inch or more over stock. Big diff and love em! Also had a number of hard hits to the bark busters and a 30 km slide out, still staight as new.

• FOUR STOKED

Posted January 24, 2006 - 11:19 PM

The CR-Hi bars are taller. That is what I run on my L also and it is a big improvement over the bars being in your lap as stock.

• dukeryder

Posted January 25, 2006 - 05:37 PM

I've got ProTaper S*E bars on mine, work perfectly.
http://www.concordmo...E_Handlebar.htm

• Boy named sue

Posted January 26, 2006 - 05:45 AM

I'm 6'3"and use the renthal "ATV" bars there about 1 1/2" taller than the stock and if you bend these bars you'll be getting up real slow.P.S you can use the stock cables with this set up.

• KCSavage

Posted January 26, 2006 - 12:04 PM

I am 6'4" and use a Renthal Fatbar with the RC High bend. They are .7" higher than the CR-High bar with slightly less sweep as well. I used a Moose universal clamp kit which raised them an additional 11/16". Standing is much easier and more comfortable now.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.