longer decomp cable anywhere?

3 replies to this topic
  • Taffy

Posted September 11, 2001 - 11:24 PM

where can i get a longer decomp cable?

mine is trying to strangle the oil filler hole as it takes a short cut across the front of the bars.

Taffy

• Chas

Posted September 17, 2001 - 05:13 PM

I bought a custom set of longer cables for wider than stock bar on my '99 WR from Terrycable. They could only extend my stock throttle cables since the end fittings were not something they carry, but made new clutch and decompression cables from scratch. I think they were about $20 but can't remember for certain. http://www.terrycable.com/
or 1-800-854-4691

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted September 18, 2001 - 02:51 AM

I hear ya brother....I replaced my bars with Renthal Fat Bars and the Universal adapter and wound up having to mount my decomp lever under the bar next to the clutch lever. I thought it was going to be a pain but have found that I can manipulate the clutch and the decomp simultaneously now and can even bump start ol blue on the roll.

Good Luck...

Bonzai :)

• Taffy

Posted September 18, 2001 - 03:04 AM

cheers lads!

i have seen this under the bars mod before and how you can pull both clutch and decomp for a flying start! he's the guy that had mounted the hotstart on the bar for $1.

however i've got the magura juice clutch and i'm stuck with this set-up.

thanks again.

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.