Search: The sexiest WR out there...

475 replies to this topic
  • redmansz400

Posted January 27, 2006 - 12:02 PM

hey steve what kind of handguards are those? they look just like mine. if you saw my pics on the first page of this thread or in my garage you can tell i had no clue how to mount them.

• steve lemley

Posted January 27, 2006 - 12:24 PM

They are the exact same. I mount mine low (even with the angle of the levers) because I HAD A BUDDY GO OVER THE BARS WITH THESE HAND GUARDS MOUNTED HIGH LIKE THAT AND HE COMPLETELY BROKE BOTH OF HIS HANDS IN HALF, ugly... Really ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would suggest mounting them lower so that if you go over, you can get your hands out of there easily...

• steve lemley

Posted January 27, 2006 - 10:14 PM

Hey rick you live in Cal. Why dont you come ride with me and see if you are as brave as your mouth is. :worthy: Wheres your pics. :bonk: Even if your bike was ugly which is why theres probley no pics posted. I wouldnt slam you like that and be insulting. I thaught this site was cool until you came along. People like you shouldnt be aloud to post. A simple looks good or not for me would have been okay... Idiot go buy a honda you would fit in good with some of those snobby guys:bonk: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :p :eek: :cool:

• Matty05

Posted January 27, 2006 - 10:21 PM

Hey rick you live in Cal. Why dont you come ride with me and see if you are as brave as your mouth is. :worthy: Wheres your pics. :bonk: Even if your bike was ugly which is why theres probley no pics posted. I wouldnt slam you like that and be insulting. I thaught this site was cool until you came along. People like you shouldnt be aloud to post. A simple looks good or not for me would have been okay... Idiot go buy a honda you would fit in good with some of those snobby guys:bonk: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :p :eek: :cool:

You were the one who asked for thoughts!
Rick told you what he thought. Don't complain.

I think it looks WAY too plain, and the black plastics don't match the blue frame.
I also think that maybe a graphics kit would make it look better and tie the frame / plastics together.

• steve lemley

Posted January 27, 2006 - 10:30 PM

Thanks for the feedback, a response like that is good for feedback :thumbsup: but I think him saying it looks like shit and that Im on acid is a little over the top dont you :bonk: ? I have a real problem with jerks and I think they pollute the sport. I think I am going to add a graphics kit. I have been looking and cant find one I like yet. When I did it all I threw around painting the frame but didnt want to strip it of all the yamaha look so I left the frame. Thanks for your opinion :thumbsup:

• vorra65

Posted January 27, 2006 - 10:37 PM

Thanks for the feedback, a response like that is good for feedback :eek: but I think him saying it looks like shit and that Im on acid is a little over the top dont you :thumbsup: ? I have a real problem with jerks and I think they pollute the sport. I think I am going to add a graphics kit. I have been looking and cant find one I like yet. When I did it all I threw around painting the frame but didnt want to strip it of all the yamaha look so I left the frame. Thanks for your opinion :thumbsup:

Looks like you ride alot of dez. Man, now that really looks good. And if you like the black and blue stuff more power to ya, to each his own. Don't get rattled by the opinion's here. They run hot and cold.

You did post a pic of you ridin, so that count's for something.:bonk:

What tank is that, your'e running?

• Matty05

Posted January 27, 2006 - 10:40 PM

Getting the frame done anyway is a very big job!
I wouldn't want to go through all the hastle...........

• steve lemley

Posted January 27, 2006 - 10:44 PM

Thanks, Its a IMS 4 gallon, you have to upgrade to the YZ seat with it. I like it cause if I dont fill it all the way up say half to three quarters, the weight of the gas is the same as the stock tank but its actually lower to the ground because of the increased size and shape of the tank. It does make a difference on tight trails when you really need to toss it around. A must for long rides and scrambles. Most guys have to pit in the scrambles for a splash :eek: but I just go right through the pits!!! :p :thumbsup: :bonk: :thumbsup:

• steve lemley

Posted January 27, 2006 - 10:46 PM

You are right about the frame, I think a good graphics kit will hopefully bring them together. Thanks for the thaught matty I didnt think about the tying them together thing now ill make that number one while picking out the graphics...:thumbsup:))

• wayneoXCF

Posted January 28, 2006 - 06:12 AM

FatBastard voice on:
"YOU WANT SEXY?? I'LL GIVE YOU SEXY!!!"
FatBastard voice off.

Here she is, Miss America. Check out those headlights!!!! :thumbsup: Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lewis_YFZ_450

Posted January 28, 2006 - 07:10 AM

FatBastard voice on:
"YOU WANT SEXY?? I'LL GIVE YOU SEXY!!!"
FatBastard voice off.

Here she is, Miss America. Check out those headlights!!!! :bonk: Posted Image

WoW! that is a nice lookin bike fatbastard :thumbsup: , but how do you ride it?

• bluebike1999

Posted January 28, 2006 - 07:30 AM

is this going to get any more gay?
I'm sure the sequel to brokeback mountain is going to have some 'boys' riding clean WR's.
better start posting for your places.

• steve lemley

Posted January 28, 2006 - 07:40 AM

Wayne, that looks great, I dont know if id want to get it dirty. Good job man its up there with the best in my opinion...

• wayneoXCF

Posted January 28, 2006 - 08:11 AM

WoW! that is a nice lookin bike fatbastard :bonk: , but how do you ride it?

It fits right in my...............you get it!!!!!

Hey its ez to keep a bike clean here-the real bastards keep closing everything down. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• steve lemley

Posted January 28, 2006 - 08:17 AM

I hear ya. In cali too, every year more stuff is closed never to open again...

• steve lemley

Posted January 28, 2006 - 08:28 AM

Matty and others, what do you think of this graphics kit for my bike. I think that like you said a graphics kit will tie the frame to the black plastics. I think this mighht be the one??? Its the only one I can find with black as the secondary color... Respectful thaughts please before I buy the kit. :p :thumbsup: :eek: :bonk: :thumbsup:

My bike
Posted Image

The kit I want to add
Posted Image

• skidxr

Posted January 28, 2006 - 09:12 AM

is this going to get any more gay?
I'm sure the sequel to brokeback mountain is going to have some 'boys' riding clean WR's.
better start posting for your places.

My thoughts exactly!! You guys should just ride!! :thumbsup:

And the all black one!! Did you use Krylon?

• rockieman

Posted January 28, 2006 - 09:43 AM

sexy wr?? about as close to sexy is the anniversary model in yellow and then only a brand new bike could be regarded as sexy, without scratches, nice and clean.
maybe get a catalogue from the local dealer and take a trip to the toilet and see how you go.
just like at a bar, if you find an old scrubber and take it out, you can do anything with it and it will be happy. you can jump it, try a back flip, no need to worry about making it look worse, you just may not want to ride it in front of your mates.

Close enough?
http://i14.photobuck...0F/wr400f11.jpg

• twenty34

Posted January 28, 2006 - 09:45 AM

Steve, sorry you took such insult with my reply to to your bike. I didn't think you would be so sensative to it, but I was mistaken. I'm a decent guy, I'd probably smoke you, but I agree, there was no need to be so insulting. You asked for responses, and I was brutally honest. For that I appologize. I'm not above myself. I was feeling a little playfull lastnight and should have considered your feelings. :thumbsup:

Regardless of what was said, all of us this on the forum would help a fellow rider in need and I'm no execption. Hope you can accept this as a sincere reply and let's ride on! :p

Best

-r

Thanks for the feedback, a response like that is good for feedback :eek: but I think him saying it looks like shit and that Im on acid is a little over the top dont you :bonk: ? I have a real problem with jerks and I think they pollute the sport. I think I am going to add a graphics kit. I have been looking and cant find one I like yet. When I did it all I threw around painting the frame but didnt want to strip it of all the yamaha look so I left the frame. Thanks for your opinion :thumbsup:

• steve lemley

Posted January 28, 2006 - 10:03 AM

apolagy accepted. Im sensitive:)... All good. As long as I know you were being playful and not a jerk... Now about the smoke me part..............

Hey skidx its not krylon, come on bro. Polisport on Chapparel.com sells all black plastics for the 99. The only company I can find that does.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.