She sure is sexy to me!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And all loaded up & ready to rip!

Posted Image

• shifty450

Posted July 18, 2007 - 05:07 AM

Rushfan - How's your kid liking his 450? I seem to remember you were asking what we thought of the bike for him a while back.

• dr x

Posted July 18, 2007 - 06:51 AM

hi
http://i182.photobuc...an/DSCF0004.jpg
http://i182.photobuc...an/DSCF0007.jpg
http://i182.photobuc...an/DSCF0003.jpg

• rushfan

Posted July 18, 2007 - 07:04 AM

Rushfan - How's your kid liking his 450? I seem to remember you were asking what we thought of the bike for him a while back.

He's really diggin it and leaving me in the dust!!! Here he is showing off.
BTW...I posted a question about triple clamps. Can ya help?

Posted Image
Posted Image

• yamaharider324

Posted July 18, 2007 - 07:14 AM

I have the same one, and put the flush mount amber signal lights on there, BTW you need a YZ fender to use it......

Posted Image

is that a DB dawg?

• shifty450

Posted July 18, 2007 - 07:32 AM

That's great, rush! He looks tiny on the bike but he appears to be handling it well.

I am so jealous! I can't wait til my kid is old enough to ride!

I doubt I can help but I'll look at the question.

• WR_Dave

Posted July 18, 2007 - 07:39 AM

I just want to make TT'rs aware of a problem that I saw happen a few weeks back. If you will note in Shifty450's pics that the tail lights of his truck are severly obscured by the bike when on this type of carrier. I saw a brand new KTM get crushed between the carrying SUV and the vehicle behind him . The guy following couldn't see the signal and brake lights and couldn't react in time to the quickly slowing SUV. The cops charged the SUV owner with obscured signals causing an accident. If you have a trailer plug it may be a good idea to hook up a few lights on the traffic side of the bike to protect it. :thumbsup: My .02 -- WR Dave.

• shifty450

Posted July 18, 2007 - 07:59 AM

Dave - Thanks for that. People have asked me while I was loading my bike that it didn't seem my signals would be easily visible when following. But when they were actually driving behind me, they could see quite well. You may have a legit point. But the driver behind should still be aware of what's going on around them. I am always looking a few cars ahead. Hopefully more people are as well. Anywho. I see your point and thanks for sharing.

Also, I'm not sure how it is up there in Canada (backwards I would guess, kidding), but here in Minnesota when a car rear-ends the vehicle in front of them, it is considered their fault. They are charged with not being in control of their vehicle. Hopefully this doesn't happen to me. That is NOT how I'd wanna find out.

• WR_Dave

Posted July 18, 2007 - 11:02 AM

It's the same way here as far as the law goes but when the cops saw how the now flat KTM was covering the taillights he gave this particular following motorist a pass ( no it wasn't me). My point is that it's your bike that takes the brunt of this sort of thing. I grew up south of Winnipeg and we spent alot of time in your many lakes. Yaah !!! :thumbsup: WR Dave.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • shifty450

Posted July 18, 2007 - 11:12 AM

I see your point, Dave. I may look in to some sort of set up. It's not a bad idea.

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 18, 2007 - 01:22 PM

Posted Image

Here is my contribution. She is fairly ordinary, but shes mine :thumbsup:

• dr x

Posted July 18, 2007 - 01:40 PM

Posted Image

• tarmac_terrorist

Posted July 18, 2007 - 02:37 PM

Posted Image

Here is my contribution. She is fairly ordinary, but shes mine :)

very nice. Who makes the handgaurds?

• BeeDub

Posted July 18, 2007 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image

That is pretty clean looking! What's with the expansion in the pipe? Something I've never noticed on a thumper, but I am noooo mechanic.

• dr x

Posted July 18, 2007 - 04:59 PM

fmf mega bomb ... dont no whether it does alot but it goes pretty good with all the mods and the pipe. i think fmf say through years of development etc.etc. it boosts top end and bottom end all in one pipe.
p.s. it is the loudest exhaust ive ever heard, i dont know how they get away with calling it a silencer..

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 18, 2007 - 09:57 PM

very nice. Who makes the handgaurds?

MSR handguards and shields :thumbsup:

• moto2000

Posted July 31, 2007 - 03:28 PM

My 2001 WR/YZ 426 dual-sport......

Posted Image

• KennyMc

Posted July 31, 2007 - 06:20 PM

Posted Image

Just installed the IMS tank.

• BeeDub

Posted August 21, 2007 - 11:39 AM

Well, here's my submission on my '05! Cleaned her up so whoever ends up with my baby gets her clean and shiny!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.