Search: The sexiest WR out there...

475 replies to this topic
  • Canuck

Posted April 04, 2007 - 07:47 AM

Are those graphics on black plastic? I am not a big fan of the black plastic, but when you add those blue flames, it works.

Hey CAnuck, are your flames on black plastic too?

Drtbk4ever: black shrouds, front & side number plates and fork guards. Tank and fenders are stock blue.

• jonova

Posted April 04, 2007 - 08:16 AM

Posted Image

Finally finished my 2001 WR 426.... It only took me 4 years, 500 plus hours and approx. 12,000 miles to get it just where I like it. I don't think I'll ever sell this bike, it will just be my dual sport from now on, no more racing for the ol' bike. :bonk:

Ordered an 08 KTM 525 XC..... I'll always be a Yamaha guy though!

• lowry

Posted April 04, 2007 - 09:09 AM

Posted Image

Finally finished my 2001 WR 426.... It only took me 4 years, 500 plus hours and approx. 12,000 miles to get it just where I like it. I don't think I'll ever sell this bike, it will just be my dual sport from now on, no more racing for the ol' bike. :bonk:

Oh man, that looks excellent! Great job! Where did you get the black side panels?

• lowry

Posted April 04, 2007 - 09:12 AM

Posted Image

Post more pics if you got 'em.

• jonova

Posted April 04, 2007 - 11:08 AM

I got the black side panels from Acerbis, you can get them through Parts Unlimited or even Thumper Store, i think.

I don't have any other pics, but I'm working on it. If I get some this weekend, I'll post em.

Glad you like it.

• Chooch68

Posted April 04, 2007 - 03:22 PM

http://i66.photobuck...um/P4030004.jpg

• HAROGOD

Posted April 12, 2007 - 02:13 AM

i love my wr.i got no pics yet but i bought black number plates and replaced the factory yamaha stickers with some big burly ones making the yamaha presence pop out more.theres nothing like going to work and parking a muddy wr beside 30 harleys.the diamond in the rough.besides is there such a thing as ugly yams???

• snowman02

Posted April 15, 2007 - 02:49 PM

Alright just returned from Mojave Trail, washed bike and figured i'd submit a few pics of the beast. It aint pretty it's a damn dirt bike, and it looks a rides like one, and thats all that matters to me. Ride it, Wash it, Maintain it. Just one question though. These pretty looking WR's, do you folks ride them? or are all of you just that damn good and never get a scratch on those beasts?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• salasmauricio

Posted April 21, 2007 - 07:23 AM

All right, this is my offer, I got her three months ago, it's a shame it takes a long time to get the right stuff in south america.

AIS removed Thumper Talk kit
JD Jetting KIT
Works Connection Radiator cages
Works Connection rear caliper guard
Works Connection rear cilynder guard
Free mods
Suspension done
Still waiting for Pro Circuit T4 system
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://i168.photobuc.../DSC03080-2.jpg

• Yamdog

Posted May 01, 2007 - 08:36 AM

Since this photo I have installed carbon fiber frame guards, chain guard, disk guard and caliper guard.

Isn't she sexy.:applause:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • salasmauricio

Posted May 05, 2007 - 06:07 AM

Ok, my T4 Pro Circuit system just arrived, I tried it last weekend and is awesome...

Posted Image

Posted Image

BEFORE CHANGING THE EXHAUST...

Posted Image

• MountainMax

Posted May 05, 2007 - 07:38 AM

Ok guys, after getting some COMMENTS about my not sexy looking WR with custom stickers on it, I have bought some stickers from DecalWorks and removed the access, what do you think now? i used 22 because of Chad Reid, he's awesome (my hero). what do you think now?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• xr250ryder

Posted May 06, 2007 - 09:22 AM

Yamdog, what size is that tank? I want to get one but I dont want one thats to big. Yours looks perfect.

• Yamdog

Posted May 07, 2007 - 07:08 AM

It is a 3.2 IMS. Many people have said it goes up to 3.7 depening on the weather. You must use YZ shrouds with this tank.

• sucker punch

Posted May 08, 2007 - 08:02 PM

hey yamdog. where did you get your stickers from..? your bike looks really good..

• Yamdog

Posted May 09, 2007 - 06:31 AM

Directly from FMF and Troy Lee Design one of the many pluses of living in Southern California.:applause:

• xr250ryder

Posted May 10, 2007 - 02:30 PM

thanks, that IMS doesn't make the bike to top-heavy does it?

• Yamdog

Posted May 14, 2007 - 07:22 AM

No, most of the wieght is low so it feels like the stock tank.

• xrmarty

Posted May 14, 2007 - 09:30 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Thermos O flask

Posted May 16, 2007 - 03:56 AM

Damn it looks cold there!! Do you use the WR to deliver fuel to isolated community's? Sorry... it's just that it looks like it should have a SHELL sticker on the tank!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.