06 450 finished last in the Dirt Rider MX shootout

24 replies to this topic
  • mxmark

Posted January 25, 2006 - 10:59 PM

Someone earlier mentioned about the bar mount risers. I read that today in a mag, they state to get higher bend bars or 10mm risers. I guess I will call the shop tomorrow to look for them. Will let you know if I find out anything.

I found a part number for bar risers from Yamaha.GYT-2S275-10-00. I hope this helps. Mark

• STRAIGHT EDGE

Posted January 26, 2006 - 12:11 AM

My 06 YZ250F manual states on page 5-41 and 5-53 that " Front Fork Top End Standard is 5mm ( 0.20 in )", the picture shows the measurement from the top of the fork down to the top of the top tripple clamp. If you measure from the top of the fork tube to the scribbed line it is exactly 5mm. According to the 250f manual, the scribbed line is the stock set up. I know this is a 450f forum but I hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted January 26, 2006 - 05:29 AM

I found a part number for bar risers from Yamaha.GYT-2S275-10-00. I hope this helps. Mark

Where did you get that part number from?

Any pics do the look like stock and how much taller and forward are the risers than stock?

Thanks...

• mxmark

Posted January 26, 2006 - 09:20 AM

Where did you get that part number from?

Any pics do the look like stock and how much taller and forward are the risers than stock?

Thanks...

I am looking for the picture also and did not find one. I ran a report on the Yamaha computer and it gave me all of the GYT part numbers for the 2006 YZ450F. Thanks Mark

• DPW

Posted January 26, 2006 - 10:19 AM

I am looking for the picture also and did not find one. I ran a report on the Yamaha computer and it gave me all of the GYT part numbers for the 2006 YZ450F. Thanks Mark

Thank you for the part number, I have my local guy checking it out!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.