Trailtech Vapor Release

23 replies to this topic
  • jbrooks26

Posted January 27, 2006 - 03:44 PM

I never thought about just not hooking it up. I'll bet if you didn't want it on all the time you could probably put a switch inline with the tach wire. I would bet that this will just be a single wire that will wrap around the coil wire somewhere. At least that is how the ones I have seen work.

• ZeekWorld

Posted May 01, 2006 - 11:02 AM

Easy question...
If I order Vapor or Linx I know they come with two different power options.
I can run it with the little watch battery included or connected to 12volts.
My question is: Is there any way I can connect it to my CRF450R 2002?
I've just bought my bike and don't know if there is any way to get 12v out of it.
Thank you in advance.
Zeek

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted May 01, 2006 - 11:49 AM

Easy question...
If I order Vapor or Linx I know they come with two different power options.
I can run it with the little watch battery included or connected to 12volts.
My question is: Is there any way I can connect it to my CRF450R 2002?
I've just bought my bike and don't know if there is any way to get 12v out of it.
Thank you in advance.
Zeek

Good question, however, you may want to post over in the Honda forum as the folks over there are probably a little more well-versed on the CRF's electrical layout. However, without a battery I believe you'd be hard-pressed to hook up 12v without some significant mods...SC

• PBDBLUE

Posted May 01, 2006 - 12:14 PM

The Lynx runs off a small internal battery. You only need a 12 volt source if you need continuous backlight or the pacing functions (the ahead/behind status LED's). On the internal battery it will give you a short timed backlight at a reduced intensity.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.