Trailtech Vapor Release

23 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted January 24, 2006 - 12:22 PM

Just a little FYI for those interested...Trailtech wrote me this morning saying the Vapor is on target for release in late April or early May. I thought y'all might like to know...SC

• ncmountainman

Posted January 24, 2006 - 12:58 PM

and the vapor is....? :thumbsup:

• new2blu

Posted January 24, 2006 - 02:05 PM

and the vapor is....? :thumbsup:

here is a link mountainman http://www.trailtech...hTachTeaser.avi

It is a Trailtech with a tachometer

• ncmountainman

Posted January 24, 2006 - 02:20 PM

hmmm...might be nice for dual sporting but thats kinda distracting for much else :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 24, 2006 - 05:36 PM

Indy wants one! :bonk:
Cant wait I have been hearing about it for a year now! :thumbsup:

• ddialogue

Posted January 24, 2006 - 07:31 PM

The Vapor looks cool, but this one is right up there with it AND it's available NOW.

The Ultimate Speedometer :thumbsup:

• ARin

Posted January 24, 2006 - 09:43 PM

150 bones?

steep maybe?

I hope the vapor isnt gonna cost that kind of green.

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 25, 2006 - 05:43 AM

Yeah at $150 it better have a billet protector mount! I wont buy a new one without a billet mount to protect it. :bonk: I crushed a billet mount in Arizona a few months ago during a throttle cable break loop out seesion on a hill climb and the trail tech survived but the billet mount was bent and split off the lower mounting screws. :thumbsup:

• ncmountainman

Posted January 25, 2006 - 07:16 AM

i could see maybe pre-settable shift indicators(like grn,yellow,red led's),but a tach? come on,talk about overkill. i suppose it would come in handy for decible checks,setting the idle and maybe a couple test functions on the ignition system,but what else could it possibly do except distract you? look cool i suppose :thumbsup:

• standup rider

Posted January 25, 2006 - 09:46 AM

Does anyone know what Trailtech will be asking for the Vapor?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted January 25, 2006 - 10:31 AM

RPM meter will be real handy for setting the idle as well as veryifying the rpm during a sound check! :thumbsup:

• Matty05

Posted January 25, 2006 - 04:18 PM

i could see maybe pre-settable shift indicators(like grn,yellow,red led's),but a tach? come on,talk about overkill. i suppose it would come in handy for decible checks,setting the idle and maybe a couple test functions on the ignition system,but what else could it possibly do except distract you? look cool i suppose :thumbsup:

That's why I have one of these:
http://www.yamaha-mo...ion&ProdID=2531

• Chas_M

Posted January 25, 2006 - 09:36 PM

That's why I have one of these:
http://www.yamaha-mo...ion&ProdID=2531

That Tach/hour meter from Yamaha is a ripoff of the SenDec (same unit) at way less than half the price at most power tool/chain saw type stores.

• jbrooks26

Posted January 26, 2006 - 03:23 PM

Hey Guys,

Just got an e-mail back from Trailtech saying that they plan to release these in may of 2006. Target pricing is $99 for the basic Tach, and $119 for Tach and Engine Temp Sensor. I will be putting one on my X-mas list!!!!

• ncmountainman

Posted January 26, 2006 - 05:41 PM

now engine temp i could see,can you shut the tach part on/off ?

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 27, 2006 - 04:37 AM

More features is makes this new Trailtech a must! :thumbsup:

• ncmountainman

Posted January 27, 2006 - 06:47 AM

More features is makes this new Trailtech a must! :thumbsup:

so its got all the old features plus these new ones? and does anyone know if you can run it with/without the tach on?

• jbrooks26

Posted January 27, 2006 - 09:24 AM

It is my understanding that the Vapor will have all of the old features, plus the Tach and Engine temp sensing. I don't believe that the Tach will be on/off capable, but it looks to me that the display has plenty of room for it. I don't know why you would want to turn it off, at least I wouldn't want to turn it off. To each his own I guess. :thumbsup: :bonk:

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted January 27, 2006 - 10:23 AM

I imagine that if you do not hook up the rpm sensor (whatever that will look like) the engine rpms will not show up on the display.

• ncmountainman

Posted January 27, 2006 - 11:11 AM

i get distracted easily,and that just seems like alot of commotion just outside the line of sight. there is no reason for a tach while your riding/racing,the bikes have a built in rev limiter and shift points are pretty obvious to anyone thats ever ridden much,its mostly a feel and hear kinda thing while your riding. i agree it would come in handy for other functions like sound checks,and tuning. personally i just wouldn't want it on while i was riding. i've been thinking about getting one of these as i want to try some enduro's soon,and i guess it would come in handy for HS to see what your avg speed is:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.