06 WR450 Exhaust

7 replies to this topic
  • vavoom

Posted January 23, 2006 - 09:48 PM

Hey,

What's the best header and pipe combination to run on the 06 WR450? I assume you must re jet after adding a pipe. Last, is it a considerable difference after the jetting and the pipe? Thanks for any advice.

• Matty05

Posted January 24, 2006 - 02:13 AM

Since you are in California, I guess you have to stick to the quiet pipes.
Most people around here prefer the FMF Q2 slip-on. The header is fine.

• OneToGo

Posted January 24, 2006 - 04:17 AM

Good question vavoom!
There are a couple of threads already on this - read and you may be quite confused??? or enlightened!!!
I just got a 06 and the I am pretty sure all 05 listed mufflers will fit although most parts catalogs only list up to 05 - they have not caught up yet. (can any one substatiate this?)
Like Matty05, I thing you will be best served by a Q2 (for noise). I am not sure of the need for a header but I believe a good combination is the SX power bomb header which appraently reduces noise as well as assisting power.
There is plenty of testament that the standard header is fine - just put a (any) decent end can and away you go.
06 WR - good choice.
Cheers

• TKohrs

Posted January 24, 2006 - 05:21 AM

Another good one is the PRO-TEC MACH 1. It has an Adjustable Noise Supression available. It allows you to tune the noise and power with out removing any parts. For those of us in Kalifornia, the adjustable noise supression is nice to have. They have a jet kit for the wr450 tuned for the pipe and some testing results on their website:

http://www.pro-tecpe...com/mswr450.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vavoom

Posted January 24, 2006 - 06:33 AM

Thanks for the replies. I can't wait to get back out in the dirt....hopefully with a new pipe/jetting.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 24, 2006 - 07:45 AM

Vavoom,
Just spend $60.00 and buy a PMB insert, swap it out for the factory pea shooter, do the free mods and you are good to go. The WR has more power than most of us mere mortals can use. You don't NEED a bunch of noise too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim

• kenmcl

Posted January 24, 2006 - 03:38 PM

so to clarify....

you left the stock spark arrestor in the pipe and bolted on a noise suppressor?

I ask b/c on their www site, the only 60$ is a silencer only (bolt on)

thanks, ken :thumbsup:

• twenty34

Posted January 24, 2006 - 06:04 PM

Yes, it's REALLY easy and fast and you leave in the stock spark arrestor. If you live in SoCal, heck you can try mine out since I just bought a new muffler. Just let me know.

so to clarify....

you left the stock spark arrestor in the pipe and bolted on a noise suppressor?

I ask b/c on their www site, the only 60$ is a silencer only (bolt on)

thanks, ken :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.