06 WR450 Exhaust

Hey,

What's the best header and pipe combination to run on the 06 WR450? I assume you must re jet after adding a pipe. Last, is it a considerable difference after the jetting and the pipe? Thanks for any advice.

Good question vavoom!

There are a couple of threads already on this - read and you may be quite confused??? or enlightened!!!

I just got a 06 and the I am pretty sure all 05 listed mufflers will fit although most parts catalogs only list up to 05 - they have not caught up yet. (can any one substatiate this?)

Like Matty05, I thing you will be best served by a Q2 (for noise). I am not sure of the need for a header but I believe a good combination is the SX power bomb header which appraently reduces noise as well as assisting power.

There is plenty of testament that the standard header is fine - just put a (any) decent end can and away you go.

06 WR - good choice.

Cheers

Another good one is the PRO-TEC MACH 1. It has an Adjustable Noise Supression available. It allows you to tune the noise and power with out removing any parts. For those of us in Kalifornia, the adjustable noise supression is nice to have. They have a jet kit for the wr450 tuned for the pipe and some testing results on their website:

http://www.pro-tecperformance.com/mswr450.htm

Yes, it's REALLY easy and fast and you leave in the stock spark arrestor. If you live in SoCal, heck you can try mine out since I just bought a new muffler. Just let me know.

so to clarify....

you left the stock spark arrestor in the pipe and bolted on a noise suppressor?

I ask b/c on their www site, the only 60$ is a silencer only (bolt on)

thanks, ken ?