Dumb question about spark plug boot

5 replies to this topic
  • 01wr426

Posted January 23, 2006 - 08:21 PM

My spark plug wire came apart right where it enters the plug boot. I jammed it back in there and it runs.
Is the boot supposed to come loose from the wire or am I just really lucky and it is close enough for the spark to jump across the gap?
I didnt notice any wire or anything hanging out the end of the thing so I am sure I am loosing spark and power to start etc.

What do you think?

Thanks, Eric

• locknload

Posted January 23, 2006 - 09:36 PM

I think you will find that the boot or cap screws onto the lead. have a look with a torch and you will see what looks like a self tapping screw :thumbsup:

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 23, 2006 - 09:41 PM

I think you will find that the boot or cap screws onto the lead. have a look with a torch and you will see what looks like a self tapping screw :thumbsup:

Eric is in Illinois where a torch is something that one would not want to use for inspecting ones spark plug wire
:thumbsup: :eek: :p :cool: :bonk: :worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jbrooks26

Posted January 23, 2006 - 10:36 PM

Eric is in Illinois where a torch is something that one would not want to use for inspecting ones spark plug wire
:thumbsup: :eek: :p :cool: :thumbsup: :worthy:

New Zealand huh, torch equals flashlight. :bonk: LOL

• locknload

Posted January 24, 2006 - 12:16 AM

:thumbsup: :eek: :p :cool: :bonk: :worthy:

Flashlight lol :thumbsup:

• 01wr426

Posted January 24, 2006 - 08:54 PM

:p :thumbsup: :eek: :worthy: :bonk:

use the torch to melt the wire back into the boot? .LOL!! only kidding

I would have never guessed that there was a threaded device in there.

BTW. I called the local Yamaha stealership today looking for a wire and boot and they quoted me $84.00
they also told me it should be one piece instead of two :cool: what a bunch of jokers.

Thanks again for the much needed information !!!! :thumbsup:

Eric

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.