Georgetown Ride Saturday the 15th.

20 replies to this topic
  • PMAUST

Posted September 11, 2001 - 04:56 PM

Anyone interested in riding on the 15th? We will be meeting in Cool for breakfast between 8 and 8:30.

[This message has been edited by PMAUST (edited September 11, 2001).]

• MONTY

Posted September 12, 2001 - 10:17 AM

PAUL
i WILL BE THERE (MONTY) AND POSS,Bob Bicthen on his husky.
monty

• MichaelAngelo

Posted September 13, 2001 - 05:46 AM

Hey guys...I'd like to come along. Sounds like fun. Where is Cool anyway?

Michael

• MONTY

Posted September 13, 2001 - 07:41 AM

Cool is on highway 49 west of 50 or if your comeing from reno it would be east of 80 go to yaho maps.Or give me a call at 707-446-4066 and i'll fill you in on how to get there (9;00am to 5;00pm)
monty

[This message has been edited by MONTY (edited September 13, 2001).]

• RetSenior

Posted September 13, 2001 - 02:34 PM

Are KTM's allowed with the little black button.

------------------
(AMA, Dist.36, BRC) Lifetime Memberships

• PMAUST

Posted September 13, 2001 - 03:07 PM

RetSenior, you are more than welcome to join us. You'll probably see bikes of several different flavors there. Paul

• Howard_Huge

Posted September 13, 2001 - 07:06 PM

Hey fella's I hope to have a bike trailworthy by Oct. hopefully we will get some rain soon. I am truly looking foreward to riding with everyone again soon. My 99 400 is getting a complete makeover with a lower first gear and a taller 5th so look out Bob Bitchen on those fire roads :)

Have Fun, Huge

• PMAUST

Posted September 13, 2001 - 07:59 PM

Howard, I look forward to it. Did you see that post about about trials tires? What do you think? Paul

• ricky1

Posted September 14, 2001 - 01:08 PM

Hi all. Can I invite myself to this one? I am going ot try and make Cool at 8:00.

Thanks,

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 yz426
'00 yz426 destroyed by fire in desert race 4/22/01
'81 490 Maico

• MONTY

Posted September 14, 2001 - 03:21 PM

Ricky1 come on down you can buy this time, and anyone els you are all welcome.Howard nice to here from you, man you need to get going and come riding with us we need a HOOT.When Mike gets back from canada we will plan a ride up at bills.
monty
ps you going to make the 29th at downyville?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mike_in_Roseville

Posted September 14, 2001 - 07:04 PM

Hope you all have a great ride. I am bummed that I can't go. I certainly would like to ride off some steam with all the events of the last week. Getting some frustration out would be cool, but Saturdays are filled with both boys soccer games for a few months. When the next Sunday ride comes around I will be there. Have a great safe ride. I will be there in spirit.

Mike in Roseville

------------------
2001 KTM 400 exc. No upgrades, comes out of the box ready to ride.

• MichaelAngelo

Posted September 14, 2001 - 07:07 PM

Hey Paul...I'm coming. Looking forward to meeting you all. I got the map off the Yahoo site. Thanks! Is there more than one place to eat up there? It is too late to call.

Michael

• PMAUST

Posted September 14, 2001 - 07:23 PM

Michael, you can call me before 11 pm. Need my zzzzzs. Man, I had a serious bummer tonight. I couldn't find the key to the trailer hitch lock! :) I guess I will have to ride to Cool. This is turning out to be a real dual-sport event for me. :D
Paul

[This message has been edited by PMAUST (edited September 15, 2001).]

• MichaelAngelo

Posted September 15, 2001 - 03:08 PM

hey, everybody...i made it doen the mountain ok and got checked out at sutter ER. separated shoulder. not too bad i guess. thanks to all of you who helped me. it was great meeting you all. i'm sorry i only got to ride a couple of miles. Rick, i don't know how you were able to ride my bike with those handle bars bent as bad as they were. thanks for doin that. Monty, thanks for the ride and RetSenior for loading me up. i must have hit my head too hard but i cant remember our drz friend's name. Thanks to you as well. looking forward to another ride, just want it to go a little better. take care all.
MIKE OUT!

• PMAUST

Posted September 15, 2001 - 03:55 PM

Hey everyone, sorry I missed you. I was literally only minutes behind you. I arrived in Cool about 9:10 looked around for a few minutes and determined that you had left. I headed straight down Georetown road. If I would have known where you were staging from I probably could have caught you before you headed out. I went into the Mace Mill staging area looking for you and got flagged down by the new Forest Service guy. He was a talker. Nice guy though. I then went up to Rock Creek to see if i could find you there. From there I took a few single tracks not too far off the beaten path though since I was by my self. I cruised up and down the fire roads taking trails trips along the way. Knowing that i didn't stand a snow balls chance in hell of finding you I finally headed back down to Georgetown for coffee. That was around 2 pm. I hung around until about 2:30 and headed for home. All in all though it was a good test of my bike. I was able to do highway, fireroad, and single track. When I got home I had gone 203 miles. My Butt was really starting to get sore but other than that not a bad trip. Sorry to hear you crashed Michael. I know exactly how you feel. I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Ron(DRZ), called me after he got home. He said you guys had a great ride. He said that I left him surrounded by WR and KTM riders. :) Anyway, sorry I was late and missed you. P

• MONTY

Posted September 15, 2001 - 04:22 PM

Paul you missed a good ride we did about 40 or so miles and that new ranger is out to make a name for himself.He told us starting tomrow he will be doing sound testing at the mace mill staging area and there will be no warning just TICKETS he told me sens i was daul sport i had to pass the street bike sound test and that was 81db and drit bike was 101db look out for this guy (Mr Bill)
monty

• RetSenior

Posted September 15, 2001 - 05:50 PM

Mike take care and we will ride again. Paul you were so close but yet so far. I must say you had an eventful day. Hopefully next time I will be able to join you. Monty thanks for the leadership and hope to do it again. Ron I got to ride behind you a litte and I'm not a big fan of the DRZ but you did a good job on it. Rick thanks for riding with me, I had fun. I'm sure we will be doing it again. I put 49 miles on today. To all nice meeting you and I'm sure the riding party will grow from time to time. To all that ride Georgetown theirs a new ranger town and he goes by Mr. Bill but he said we could all call him Mr. Bill. I forgot to add that it is nice to see that some Yamaha's really do start up with no problem.

George

------------------
(AMA, Dist.36, BRC) Lifetime Memberships

[This message has been edited by RetSenior (edited September 15, 2001).]

• ricky1

Posted September 16, 2001 - 10:22 AM

Mike, glad to hear it is not to serious. Once again, a good time was had at Rock Creek. With the exception of Mr. Bill's lecture. Hey Monty and Ron, what do you say we invite some Harley riders to Mace Mill?
George, I had a BLAST riding the fire roads with you. I have never raced moto, but I imagine the adrenaline rush is similar, going through the turns bar to bar. Ron, I agree with George, you made the DRZ look good. I did see some impressive wheelies.

I am looking forward to the next ride. Mike, get well soon.

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 yz426
'00 yz426 destroyed by fire in desert race 4/22/01
'81 490 Maico

• FXDX

Posted September 16, 2001 - 02:42 PM

Hi it's Ron with the DRZ, I too enjoyed the ride all you guys rode very well. Mike it was nice metting yu get well soon.

P.S. George ease up on the DRZ

------------------

• MichaelAngelo

Posted September 16, 2001 - 07:32 PM

hey, thanks for all the concern Ron, Rick, Monty, AND George. sounds like you guys had a good time. i guess i got a little carried away before i got the lay of the land so to speak. i am sorry i missed the ride with such a quality group of guys. i'm looking forward to the next ride. i put new bars on today; a bit hard with one arm. this wr is a damn tuff bike. no major damage...and it did cartwheels. have a good week you all. PAUL! LOOKING forward to meeting you on future rides.

Michael

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.