JD Jet Kit = Throttle Response

11 replies to this topic
  • 642MX

Posted January 23, 2006 - 05:52 PM

I just got done installing my JD jet kit. All I can say is WOW, thats the throttle response I was looking for. If your on the fence about a jet kit, I highly recommend this one. :thumbsup:

• Florida_426

Posted January 23, 2006 - 06:41 PM

I'll second that thought, I did the JD kit last summer and it makes a world of difference. JD even anseweed my emails same day to help me with some questions. I also got the JD Jetting software form the TT store, good stuff.

Bill

• bg10459

Posted January 23, 2006 - 07:24 PM

The JD kit is great, and JD is even better with customer support. :thumbsup:

• Shwantz34

Posted January 24, 2006 - 07:18 PM

Thank's guys for the information, i think i will order one, i just put a quick shot a weeks ago , and i will receive my new Thunder Alley exhaust pipe in about a week , i think this kit will be the cherry on the cake.

• racer8

Posted January 24, 2006 - 10:24 PM

The JD jetting kit,what all is included with it?

• WheelsUp

Posted January 24, 2006 - 10:25 PM

Two triple-tapered needles and four main jets.
The "magic" is in the needle shape.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kawirider

Posted January 25, 2006 - 12:01 AM

Does itcome with any sort of guide on what to do? Does it come with pilot jets?

• WheelsUp

Posted January 25, 2006 - 01:52 AM

No pilot or leak jets.... those need to be fine-tuned by gauging from the fuel screw. More than about 2.5 turns out and you should move up to the next larger pilot. Less than 1 turn out and move down.

It does come with a simple instruction sheet with a recommendation based on your altitude for where to start on the main and needle clip.

Of course, James Dean is an active member here and more than happy to answer questions.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 25, 2006 - 02:42 PM

I have it in my 03 and it really does work well once you get the jetting right especially if you run U4 exclusively.....until then it only helps in certain areas....adversely affecting other areas. (but when it is right....hold on, it is a awesome rush)
I am wondering if there is a 06 owner experimenting with this kit or if it is even the same as the other YZF kits...

• kawirider

Posted January 25, 2006 - 03:09 PM

Well which kit has pilot jets too? I was about to buy a JD jet kit for my dads WR, because his fuel screw is like 4 turns out right now :thumbsup:

• 642MX

Posted January 25, 2006 - 04:38 PM

Well which kit has pilot jets too? I was about to buy a JD jet kit for my dads WR, because his fuel screw is like 4 turns out right now :thumbsup:

I don't think any jet kits come with pilots. 4 turns out means you need the next size larger pilot jet.

• WheelsUp

Posted January 25, 2006 - 06:48 PM

4 turns, I'd consider buying the two next larger sizes, but first make sure the existing pilot is clean. The hole is VERY small... barely large enough to see light through, and it blocks very easily from contaminated fuel.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.