06 YZ 450F Radiator guards/skid plates

26 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted February 06, 2006 - 08:15 PM

I remember reading in DR that the 250/450 share rads this year Unabiker, if that's any help to you. I'm also interested in seeing pics of people's rad braces and skids, the stock skid on the 06 doesn't look like it offers much protection.

• mtrdrms

Posted February 08, 2006 - 06:11 AM

Anyone heard back from Unabiker? Im dyin' over here!

• Ga426owner

Posted February 08, 2006 - 10:16 AM

no but I did get my Works connection skid plate today......... :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted February 08, 2006 - 10:19 AM

no but I did get my Works connection skid plate today......... :thumbsup:

dang that was quick! Did you use UPS ground?

• Ga426owner

Posted February 08, 2006 - 11:10 AM

No I wanted by the weekend - they would not guarante - so I put it on my own UPS acct for 2 day.....it probably would have made it by friday but.... :thumbsup:

Hey it took 30 seconds to install - looks good but the top has - no support under it - but it should work well to guard from rocks :thumbsup:

It covers the bottom frame rails - should keep impact to frame at a minimum.

• 2012 450 xc-w

Posted February 09, 2006 - 08:40 PM

anyone have the devol rad gaurds yet? recieved mine and either I'm really stupid or this is a poorly engineered product. top of shroud sits at least 1/2" from where it would stock and need to force bottom of shroud over to mount making the bike a good bit wider than stock at the bottom of the radiators.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 09, 2006 - 10:03 PM

Still waiting to hear from Brian. I will shoot him an email and see what he's up too. My other Unabikers are top notch. :thumbsup:

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

• Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.