has anyone ever checked the accel pump spray pattern on 98/99's?

2 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted September 11, 2001 - 04:49 AM

I have not. Studying my carb last night, I have come up with a potential fix for the 98/99's. The P38 fixes the diaphragm stroke by giving you a set screw that acts on the underside of the diaphragm. James Dean has recommended drilling, tapping, and using fiber washers w/ adjustment screw, making your own P38 on the stock diaphragm cover.

If a new AP cam (or sleeved adapter) was machined, an adjuster could be integrated to allow the TOP of the actuation rod to be raised or lowered to change the spray timing of the AP. It would be a trial and error to first set your timing, then the (P38) could be adjusted.

If the chance arises for me, I will try to get one of our machinists to make me one. This could very likely be a winter project. First dibs on the patent!! :)

Open to comments, questions...

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

[This message has been edited by NH Kevin (edited September 11, 2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ron_S

Posted September 11, 2001 - 07:33 AM

Kevin, Just to let you know, I am still walking. Severe bruise and a loose knee joint. Had a ball until the TREE. It was a pleasure to meet you. Ron S

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 11, 2001 - 07:44 AM

Pleasure was all mine, Ron. MTrip told me he was there!

I e-mailed you at home. My available dates are the last 4 Turkey Runs:
New Boston, MA
Winchedon, MA
Central Village, CT (my old stomping ground!)
Taunton, MA

Now, Ron, disconnect that bogus octopus. You do have to go w/ the YZ's 100 air jet though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.