Hot Start Cable

3 replies to this topic
  • dutch158

Posted January 23, 2006 - 02:43 AM

I have a Wr450 04 model

Upon checking the bike on the weekend I noticed the hot start cable was loose.

The plastic threaded screw cap holding the cable in the carb was totally stripped of any thread. Has anyone else experienced this problem and are there any alternatives to putting a plastic threaded cap back on.

Cheers[COLOR=]undefined[/COLOR]

• TARFELE

Posted January 23, 2006 - 05:34 AM

From searching I have found it is common. The experienced guys say that a Zip Ty Racing aluminium hot start nut is a "Must".

I have had no problems but I am going to order one anyway.

Look Here.
http://www.ziptyraci...ryID=114&order=

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sandman76513

Posted January 23, 2006 - 06:09 AM

Have had issues with mine coming loose, but it has not stripped out. Course that is only a matter of time if it continues to loosen and require re-tightening...I'm going to check out this ZIPTY nut.

• dbailey223

Posted January 23, 2006 - 09:36 AM

Yup, I did the metal nut as a replacement. Consensus around here is--why did Yamaha put a plastic nut on?????????????? Go the metal nut route and solve the problem.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.