scotts damper mounting?

5 replies to this topic
  • kkameny

Posted January 22, 2006 - 09:35 PM

I just got a 05 WR450 and I'm trying to find the best Scotts mounting set up. Do I need new triple clamps and bars, or just a clamp? I run a Scotts on my R1, so I want to be able to just swap the damper.
Thanx for the info ,in advance.
Cool forum btw.

• yz250ftony

Posted January 22, 2006 - 09:38 PM

I was ready to ask the same question about an MXC450(look in my sig). He doen't want his bars any higher.
They won't be interchange able between your bikes.

• Matty05

Posted January 22, 2006 - 09:43 PM

they use way different dampers on the roadbikes dont they?

Do a search, I have seen the top mounted kit pictured here on the forum that uses stock clamp.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mousemeat

Posted January 23, 2006 - 01:46 AM

i think for the 05 you need new clamps. Ask the guys at Billet Racing Products. Them and scotts sell each others stuff and their responses are much quicker.

• Doug kirkpatrick

Posted January 23, 2006 - 05:34 PM

If you don't mind bowing your cross bar slightly, you can order a mounting kit thru the TT Store here for something like $123 and it works with the stock set-up.

• PBDBLUE

Posted January 23, 2006 - 05:55 PM

they use way different dampers on the roadbikes dont they?

Do a search, I have seen the top mounted kit pictured here on the forum that uses stock clamp.

Yes the road bike unit is different. I don't think you will be able/want to use it on the WR. Give Scotts a call just to confirm.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.