650R crank???

3 replies to this topic
  • Outrider

Posted January 22, 2006 - 07:24 PM

Hey guys. I tore apart my engine to rebuild the top end but found that the piston pin and connecting rod hole are scored. I noticed that Honda does not sell the connecting rod on it's own. You have to buy the whole crank shaft assembly. Does anyone know of any other options besides buying a whole new crank?

• wickedsprint

Posted January 22, 2006 - 08:26 PM

You just need a rod then? If so this would be the perfect time to step up to a carillo rod or something along those lines.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Haggis

Posted January 22, 2006 - 11:29 PM

Yep I would go with the Carillo rod, much better piece of kit compared to the Honda item.

Oh and throw in a fresh 680 high comp piston & hot cam while you are at it.

• Outrider

Posted January 23, 2006 - 06:05 AM

I got the Hotcam, Kibblewhite springs/titanium retainers and Edelbrock carb. My budget stops there. I just want to fix the rod. I wonder why the rod isn't available through Honda?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.