Valve adjust DVD is available

10 replies to this topic
  • Martys

Posted January 22, 2006 - 03:54 PM

Motopower Video Productions released a DVD that shows how to check and adjust the valves on the '98-'06 WR250F - WR450F AND '98-'06 YZ250F -YZ450F. The previous version of the DVD did not cover the newer models.

The TT store carries the older DVD. The newer version is available at www.motopowervideo.com. You can select your make/model to see more information including a sample video.

Cheers,

• 642MX

Posted January 22, 2006 - 04:12 PM

They have DVD's for that?

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted January 22, 2006 - 04:21 PM

Awesome. This is exactly what I was waiting for to get started. Thanks.

• 642MX

Posted January 22, 2006 - 04:32 PM

Awesome. This is exactly what I was waiting for to get started. Thanks.

Order me one too, I stopped riding because my valves got tight and needed adjusting. LOL

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted January 22, 2006 - 04:39 PM

Are you serious? Dude that sucks. http://www.thumperfaq.com/valves.htm if you're in a hurry.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted January 22, 2006 - 04:40 PM

No, I'm not serious. I'm just making fun of the spammer.

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted January 22, 2006 - 04:45 PM

Apparantly, you wern't aware he's a TT Sponsor. Not a spammer.

Glad you're not serious, BTW. :thumbsup:

• 642MX

Posted January 22, 2006 - 05:04 PM

Apparantly, you wern't aware he's a TT Sponsor. Not a spammer.

Glad you're not serious, BTW. :thumbsup:

Opps, I thought he was spamming. My bad. :bonk:

• Martys

Posted January 23, 2006 - 04:42 PM

Believe it or not, there are DVD's for many other topics too. Like tuning carburetors, complete fork maintenance, complete shock maintenance and doing a top end on a 2 stroke. We'll be doing a Top end and valve job on a 4 stroke soon.

One of the most requested items is a basic maintenance DVD (change fluids, tires, pads, adjust spokes, sprockets....) This may surprise the readers that responded to this thread. I spoke to an engineer this weekend who had just purchased his first used bike for his son. It didn't come with a service manual. He wanted to know if the dipstick was supposed to be screwed in before taking an oil level reading. Thats a pretty basic question - once you know the answer.

I think it's safe to say that people have different levels of comfort wrt performing thier own maintenance. Some people take their bike to the shop to have their grips changed and others wouldn't think twice about rebuilding the bottom end without a service manual.

Our customers come from all walks of life. Dentists, auto-mechanics, programmers, underwater welders, lots of students.... All of them are capable of reading manuals and they're all smart people. However, they prefer watching someone perform the procedure rather than reading about it. Some people buy the DVD just for the information. In fact, one of the motorcycle maintenance schools requested our DVD's.

More information can be given in a video than in a manual. The mechanic can use his voice to emphasize certain points. You can watch how parts are removed/installed, you don't have to know the names of the parts to perform the procedure, you can learn how the parts function, and it's easy to show how difficult/easy a task is before you tear into it.

75% of the people who responded to a survey said they preferred watching a video rather than reading about it. I fit into that catetory too. I'm not mechanically gifted but I like to do most of my own maintenance. My hat goes off to those of you who can figure it out on your own. About 10% of the people who responded to the survey are in this category.

• jtrone

Posted January 23, 2006 - 06:06 PM

Believe it or not, there are DVD's for many other topics too. Like tuning carburetors, complete fork maintenance, complete shock maintenance and doing a top end on a 2 stroke. We'll be doing a Top end and valve job on a 4 stroke soon.

One of the most requested items is a basic maintenance DVD (change fluids, tires, pads, adjust spokes, sprockets....) This may surprise the readers that responded to this thread. I spoke to an engineer this weekend who had just purchased his first used bike for his son. It didn't come with a service manual. He wanted to know if the dipstick was supposed to be screwed in before taking an oil level reading. Thats a pretty basic question - once you know the answer.

I think it's safe to say that people have different levels of comfort wrt performing thier own maintenance. Some people take their bike to the shop to have their grips changed and others wouldn't think twice about rebuilding the bottom end without a service manual.

Our customers come from all walks of life. Dentists, auto-mechanics, programmers, underwater welders, lots of students.... All of them are capable of reading manuals and they're all smart people. However, they prefer watching someone perform the procedure rather than reading about it. Some people buy the DVD just for the information. In fact, one of the motorcycle maintenance schools requested our DVD's.

More information can be given in a video than in a manual. The mechanic can use his voice to emphasize certain points. You can watch how parts are removed/installed, you don't have to know the names of the parts to perform the procedure, you can learn how the parts function, and it's easy to show how difficult/easy a task is before you tear into it.

75% of the people who responded to a survey said they preferred watching a video rather than reading about it. I fit into that catetory too. I'm not mechanically gifted but I like to do most of my own maintenance. My hat goes off to those of you who can figure it out on your own. About 10% of the people who responded to the survey are in this category.

Where do you get these DVD's at? :thumbsup:

• Martys

Posted January 23, 2006 - 09:23 PM

Some DVD's are available at the Thumpertalk store and all the DVD's are available at www.motopowervideo.com. The valve DVD in the Thumpertalk store does not cover the models from 2003-2006. The valve DVD from Motopower covers all the YZF/WRF's.

New DVD's are added each month.

Cheers,

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.