Does YZ rear fender fit a WR

13 replies to this topic
  • 636sean

Posted January 22, 2006 - 12:15 PM

Hi, can anyone tell me if the YZ rear fender and WR fender are inter-changeable? Want to remove rear light and try and loose a little weight off the bike. I've got an 04 WR450.
thanks

• tmckeown

Posted January 22, 2006 - 02:04 PM

Hi,

Yes, mine has YZ fender with led light on it :thumbsup:

Timo Mc

• ETP

Posted January 22, 2006 - 02:10 PM

I had to modify the YZ fender when mounting on my 03 WR. Had to cut away some clearance on the side. There was some heat shield material to transfer over too. No big deal..... :thumbsup:

• dirtryder52

Posted January 22, 2006 - 04:22 PM

do you have any info on where you got the light from? also any pictures?

• Matty05

Posted January 22, 2006 - 04:36 PM

I got the YZ rear fender on my bike too! It fits but you have to cut out a little for the coolant reservoir brackets. I believe that Acerbis makes a YZ rear guard with the holes pre moulded for the WR.

I got an Acerbis LED rear tail light extention also. I ditched the rear indicators but I have seen some people that have flush mount ones on the fender it's self.

• MTRSPORTDAN

Posted January 22, 2006 - 04:39 PM

Acerbis sells the fender with the cut outs already there.

• Matty05

Posted January 22, 2006 - 05:54 PM

Here is a pic of mine!
http://photobucket.c...ent=YZguard.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ISBB

Posted January 22, 2006 - 07:49 PM

i had to clip a corner off of mine but i think it was just becase my subframe is tweaked. but it fit w/ some persuasion.. :thumbsup:

• SpeedBlitz

Posted January 23, 2006 - 06:11 AM

Hi,
Yes, mine has YZ fender with led light on it :thumbsup:
Timo Mc

Timo, Can you post of pic of your YZ fender with the LED?

Thanks,
SB

• tmckeown

Posted January 23, 2006 - 07:40 AM

Timo, Can you post of pic of your YZ fender with the LED?

Thanks,
SB

SB, here you go :thumbsup:

http://i31.photobuck...earlightnet.jpg

Timo Mc

• dreadrock

Posted January 23, 2006 - 07:45 AM

Yea it will fit . you just have to do lil work is all . i took my stock fender and set it on top of new one to get better idea were to cut.

04 WR450f
04Crf150f
:thumbsup:

• 04WR450man

Posted January 23, 2006 - 02:14 PM

tmckeown, thats a cool rear light set up, what make light and rear fender did you use?

Cheers

Trev.

• mtrablue

Posted January 23, 2006 - 07:18 PM

check out the listing from acerbis. they list it for the wr but it's a yz style (no light). bolts right on. you'll need some heat proof tape. the led tail light is so trick. it weighs next to nothing.

• tmckeown

Posted January 24, 2006 - 01:04 PM

tmckeown, thats a cool rear light set up, what make light and rear fender did you use?

Cheers

Trev.

Polisport fender, modified acerbis license plate holder with DRC ledlamp

Timo Mc

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.