02 426 wont idle

7 replies to this topic
  • tigmyjob

Posted January 22, 2006 - 10:06 AM

it was stored for a while so i cleaned out carb still wont idle when i turn chock off? plug is clean fresh gas fuel screw 1 1/2 out? :thumbsup:

• sirthumpalot

Posted January 22, 2006 - 10:14 AM

Adjust the idle?

If you're sure the carb is clean and adjusting the idle doesn't help, and you're sure the slide is in the carb correctly (looks correct when it's backwards so be careful), then next check the valves. If the clearances get tight then bad or no idle is a sign. But that would only be a likely cause if it did not idle when it went into storage.

• Satch0922

Posted January 22, 2006 - 01:23 PM

make sure you don't have an air leak...especially if you just had the carb off.

• tigmyjob

Posted January 23, 2006 - 02:25 PM

thanks for the tips done all that, also heard possibly pilot jet i guess thier very touchy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoGoalie

Posted January 23, 2006 - 02:44 PM

New plug?

Clean air filter? Not over oiled?

Did it idle okay before or were there issues then?

Full jetting specs are what?

Will the fuel screw not get you to idle correctly? Turn it way out or way in....

• Shawn_Mc

Posted January 23, 2006 - 02:46 PM

You said you cleaned the carb. Did you have the slide out? If so, did you get the vaccum release plate back right?

The little cut out goes down. The pointy end goes up. It looks upside down like that, but its not.

• nitro201

Posted January 23, 2006 - 05:31 PM

I had to adjust my pilot jet.

• tigmyjob

Posted January 25, 2006 - 09:59 AM

thanks for the help i just started over and found a semi clogged pilot jet. now it barks just fine, oh yeah and it idles

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.