Tyre size opinion.

6 replies to this topic
  • essex426

Posted January 22, 2006 - 02:14 AM

Ok i have done a search but no joy.So advise please.I have just bought a maxxis IT 120-90-19, on advise that it was right tyre for my yzf426 by the dealer.It turns out when i check the manual, and what is already on it,it should be a 110-90-19.I know it will fit, but will it affect the handling in any way.Basically should i take it back,or just fit it and ride.Thanks in advance.

• jrcgaf364

Posted January 22, 2006 - 06:19 AM

i have a 99 yz400f and i run the 11o. whatever works man ..do you like the 110 if so keep using it

• ncmountainman

Posted January 22, 2006 - 07:09 AM

the 120 will give more traction especially in mud(because its wider). the only differences besides that is it may be a little taller and a little heavier :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 22, 2006 - 08:17 AM

I run one most of the time. You can feel the extra weight of the tire a little bit in some circumstances, but not much. The same with handling. It slips out on harder ground about the same as a 110, but bites better in a straight line. It also lasts noticeably longer. If you can feel a pea under your mattress, it may bother you, otherwise, I think you'll enjoy the extra traction and tire life.

• 642MX

Posted January 22, 2006 - 03:46 PM

I never liked a 120, they seem too heavy and they try to come out of ruts too easily. In sand or nasty mud a 120 would be perfect, but theres not much sand in Indiana and I don't ride in the mud.

• essex426

Posted January 23, 2006 - 01:08 PM

Hmm, looks like i will have to try it.I do ride sand and deep mud,but not much hardpack.Thanks for the replies. :thumbsup:

• Yak

Posted January 23, 2006 - 01:40 PM

I dont even notice the difference between a 120 and 110. One in the same to me. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.