Is the Rekluse Clutch that good? 06 WR 450F

22 replies to this topic
  • daverehm

Posted February 07, 2006 - 05:39 AM

I have one on my wr250 and like it. I put the revloc on my yz250f and love it. The revloc seems to be a lot smoother. More expensive, but sometimes you get what you pay for. Although I don't dislike the rekluse, I do prefer the revloc.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 07, 2006 - 06:59 AM

I have one on my wr250 and like it. I put the revloc on my yz250f and love it. The revloc seems to be a lot smoother. More expensive, but sometimes you get what you pay for. Although I don't dislike the rekluse, I do prefer the revloc.

Revlocs have a reputation for having to replace the main bearing once a year. The Revloc design is sophisticated with better functionality but the reality is the Rekluse design is simpler and more reliable and functions well enough for all types of riding. :thumbsup:

• 642MX

Posted February 07, 2006 - 07:23 AM

Indy is right, the Revloc's are good, but they tend to tear stuff up from what I've read. They don't allow any give in the clutch which means aggressive riders can have tranny problems with the revloc.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.