California riders, they're stealing your money!!!!!

3 replies to this topic
  • BajaFool

Posted January 21, 2006 - 11:58 AM

Byggd posted a thread on 1-18-06 entitled "Attention CA OHV area users". He outlined how the Green Sticker fund has not been used very efficiently to procure and maintain OHV areas in California. He asked that concerned California riders send a prepared fax to state government officials expressing unhappiness over this situation. So far, 8 people have forwarded faxes, one of those responses was mine.

This is embarrassing and very sad that more California members of ThumperTalk have not responded. Don't you understand? The ORV Commissioners not only don't use YOUR GREEN/RED STICKER money to buy, maintain and improve OHV riding areas, they give your money to law enforcement agencies so they can give you tickets for riding your motorcycle or to eco-nazi consulting firms and groups so they can perform studies to find ways to limit or eliminate your ability to ride in the state --- NOT JUST OHV AREAS. in effect, you are spending your money to further restrict or eliminate areas in which you can ride. EVERY California rider who logs into ThumperTalk should send Byggd's fax to Sacramento. Every California rider should ask their friends to send faxes today. I invite everyone else, regardless of state or country of residence, to send this fax also (the officials can't tell where you live, they only see the volume of faxes). This is about your freedom to ride. If they can do this in California, they can do it in your state also. Please send Byggd's fax today.

• vorra65

Posted January 21, 2006 - 12:33 PM

Wouldn't you assume by the dis-regard shown towards the off road community.

That there is some libby jackass setting beside that fax machine, shooting freethrow's into the round file?

I'm not discouraging anyone form doing this, as I have contacted everyone in my addy book as well as my nieghbor's/co-worker's and family. Whether they ride or not, I am having them sign a copy and I am paying the postage to actually mail a letter to the sh!t heads at the Capitol. :thumbsup:

The leftie wackjob's will never back down, but if we can get the people in the capitol to at least pay attention to our situation-you never know.

I encourage anyone that value's their riding privelege's to make an earnest effort at getting as many people as they can to send a letter to the capitol,regarding the mis-appropriation of our OHV fund's. We as a group, are being taken advantage of-clearly.

Go here http://www.fourstrok...gAreasCali.html and read the outline for the original red/green BS.

Then read this http://www.arb.ca.go...oad/offroad.htm

Do you see any other "off road" vehicle that is held to the standards that we are? Much less, restricted to where and when the vehicle is operated?

Hopefully someday, I'm still moving to a state that is more "off road" friendly. But while I'm still here, I/WE should do all we can to stop the discriminatory restriction's forced upon us. :bonk:

Hey BF, thanks for getting my blood pressure up.

Where's my med's? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MTRSPORTDAN

Posted January 21, 2006 - 01:04 PM

I just took the 5 minutes out of my busy life to send mine in. When and if they do shut it down, then I am sure everyone will have the time to do it. They won't be riding their bikes and will have plenty of time. Come on people, if you are this sight then you know how to use a computer. At least follow the links and send the e mail in. It takes 2 seconds to COPY, PASTE, and SEND. Thats it!!!!!!! If you read this and don't you're gonna wish you did if they shut it down, then it will be too late.

• byggd

Posted January 22, 2006 - 06:14 AM

Byggd posted a thread on 1-18-06 entitled "Attention CA OHV area users". He outlined how the Green Sticker fund has not been used very efficiently to procure and maintain OHV areas in California. He asked that concerned California riders send a prepared fax to state government officials expressing unhappiness over this situation. So far, 8 people have forwarded faxes, one of those responses was mine.

This is embarrassing and very sad that more California members of ThumperTalk have not responded. Don't you understand? The ORV Commissioners not only don't use YOUR GREEN/RED STICKER money to buy, maintain and improve OHV riding areas, they give your money to law enforcement agencies so they can give you tickets for riding your motorcycle or to eco-nazi consulting firms and groups so they can perform studies to find ways to limit or eliminate your ability to ride in the state --- NOT JUST OHV AREAS. in effect, you are spending your money to further restrict or eliminate areas in which you can ride. EVERY California rider who logs into ThumperTalk should send Byggd's fax to Sacramento. Every California rider should ask their friends to send faxes today. I invite everyone else, regardless of state or country of residence, to send this fax also (the officials can't tell where you live, they only see the volume of faxes). This is about your freedom to ride. If they can do this in California, they can do it in your state also. Please send Byggd's fax today.

I couldn't have said it better :thumbsup: This is a battle we CAN'T afford to lose!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.