Down with the stock pipes!

18 replies to this topic
  • Reyndogg

Posted January 20, 2006 - 05:07 PM

The UPS man brought me a present today :thumbsup:

peek-a-boo

The fit and finish is perfect, which is always good. It bolted right up without any force or hammering required - unlike some pipes I've had in the past :bonk:

It's also MUCH lighter, shorter, and smaller than the stocker. It doesn't stick out near as far as stock, which I'm happy about. Didn't start it b/c I'm letting the sealer form up as directed. Coupe more pics over in my garage if you care to check em out.

Sorry about the low-light pictures, too. I must be last on the UPS route for my area :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted January 20, 2006 - 05:11 PM

Cool. :thumbsup: Stock header, or complete?

• Reyndogg

Posted January 20, 2006 - 05:17 PM

Stock header w/the FMF muffler and titanium mid-pipe.

I had the megabomb header for it, but decieded that a slip on was enough after i rode it stock, so i sold the megabomb on ebay a couple weeks ago.

• DPW

Posted January 20, 2006 - 06:52 PM

Ride report tomorrow?

• Dirtrider316

Posted January 20, 2006 - 07:03 PM

Hey, i wouldn't mind get a better pipe, but i just don't have the cash after buying the 06YZ250F, but i am still able to beat alot of kids racing my 100% stock bike and i love doing it!

• Reyndogg

Posted January 20, 2006 - 08:49 PM

Ride report tomorrow?

Yessir :bonk:

Hey, i wouldn't mind get a better pipe, but i just don't have the cash after buying the 06YZ250F, but i am still able to beat alot of kids racing my 100% stock bike and i love doing it!

As long as you're having fun, that's what matters. I'm not sure where you were trying to go with that comment, though :thumbsup:

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 20, 2006 - 10:59 PM

sweet! How many fun tokens and how many db's does it put out. How about a spark arrestor? Thanks, look forward to a ride report. :thumbsup:

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted January 20, 2006 - 11:05 PM

That looks awesome. I just installed a Factory 4 SL on my 250F last month.

GREAT mid and up pipe.

• sleestock

Posted January 22, 2006 - 09:16 AM

That looks awesome. I just installed a Factory 4 SL on my 250F last month.

GREAT mid and up pipe.

A friend put a Dr. D on his '06 250f and that crazy buzzing sound on the upper rpm's (not the rev-limiter) went away. Did you notice anything similar with your pipe?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • debounce

Posted January 22, 2006 - 09:25 AM

Do you really need the extra power? The bike is already loud as hell stock, with an aftermarket pipe can you even hear anything after you ride?

• Reyndogg

Posted January 22, 2006 - 11:50 AM

Need... thats hard to define. My needs are to get the maximum enjoyment out of what I own, and to me the stock pipe looks and sounds like crap. The FMF isnt much, if any, louder - but has a much deeper tone, which I like...

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted January 22, 2006 - 12:00 PM

A friend put a Dr. D on his '06 250f and that crazy buzzing sound on the upper rpm's (not the rev-limiter) went away. Did you notice anything similar with your pipe?

Can't say I know what you're talking about. Mine is an '04, BTW.

• sleestock

Posted January 22, 2006 - 10:57 PM

Can't say I know what you're talking about. Mine is an '04, BTW.

Oh. The buzzing new for '06.

• DPW

Posted January 23, 2006 - 12:07 PM

So how did the new exhaust feel power wise?

• Reyndogg

Posted January 23, 2006 - 02:40 PM

It seems a tiny bit smoother, and pops less, so maybe it suits the jetting a little better. The thing i like is the sound is deeper, and i find it easier to tell where i am in the power - maybe it's mental, or maybe I'm mental... :thumbsup:

• bud

Posted January 24, 2006 - 10:34 AM

what jetting are you using for the fmf? stock or the 48-170?

• riderman329

Posted January 24, 2006 - 11:13 AM

i want a white bros, yosh, or fmf for my new bike, not sure yet

• kevin204

Posted January 24, 2006 - 11:18 AM

Pipe looks really good, but I would be pretty surprised if it was no louder than stock.

• Reyndogg

Posted January 24, 2006 - 11:54 AM

still running the 170/48 - seems to be very happy w/this setup. Starts easily, runs great.

Kevin, it isnt much louder if it is from what I can tell...the key is keeping good packing in them, which isnt difficult to do.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.