Atv Cam Vrs Wr450 Cam

11 replies to this topic
  • postalrider

Posted January 20, 2006 - 04:37 PM

i know this has been beat to death but i have searched the archives and decided it is easier to ask .i have a 03 wr450, i have acess to a 05 atv cam .will it interchange without grinding 1mm off the decompression nipple ?or should i grind the stock cam.i have been told the lifts are the same the difference is the timing thanks THE DISTRAUGHT POSTALRIDER

• tony1970

Posted January 20, 2006 - 04:53 PM

DON'T DO IT!!!! :thumbsup: If you put an ATV cam in your WR it will all of a sudden want to do donuts in staging areas. It might grow another set of wheels on single track trails, and want to blast around on fire roads out of control! :bonk:

• ARin

Posted January 20, 2006 - 06:30 PM

DON'T DO IT!!!! :thumbsup: If you put an ATV cam in your WR it will all of a sudden want to do donuts in staging areas. It might grow another set of wheels on single track trails, and want to blast around on fire roads out of control! :bonk:

Itll also make you want to drink beer and leave your helmet at home.

• baha

Posted January 20, 2006 - 10:46 PM

You will then start going to Monster Truck shows and your Wife/Girlfriend will pack on a additional 30 pounds :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 21, 2006 - 04:55 AM

My understanding is that it will fit and give you timing half way between WR and YZ exhaust timing. Ther decomp pin should be in the correct position. Mountainman is thinking of doing this to his YZ450. I am one of the few that like the WR cam timing. More manageable power delivery. lower rpm riding, great for a long day of fast trail riding. :thumbsup:
Your arms will also not stretch 1/2" after each ride. :bonk:

• postalrider

Posted January 21, 2006 - 06:22 AM

thanks indy i knew you would know ,as 4 the rest of tha clowns ATVs are 4 people who cant ride a bike!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • baha

Posted January 21, 2006 - 06:57 AM

yuk yuk yuk :thumbsup:

• ncmountainman

Posted January 21, 2006 - 07:34 AM

My understanding is that it will fit and give you timing half way between WR and YZ exhaust timing. Ther decomp pin should be in the correct position. Mountainman is thinking of doing this to his YZ450. I am one of the few that like the WR cam timing. More manageable power delivery. lower rpm riding, great for a long day of fast trail riding. :bonk:
Your arms will also not stretch 1/2" after each ride. :thumbsup:

so thats what people mean when they call me a knuckle dragger :thumbsup:

• jwriott

Posted January 21, 2006 - 09:09 AM

I am one of the few that like the WR cam timing. More manageable power delivery. lower rpm riding, great for a long day of fast trail riding. :thumbsup:
Your arms will also not stretch 1/2" after each ride. :bonk:

YZ timing is much more entertaining. Especially when you get a chance to roost your buds. :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 21, 2006 - 09:22 AM

Well john I dont have to worry about getting your roost since you are always a minute or so up the trail! Hope to see you in Moab again for 5MOH. Make sure you make it out for April 20th to 24th riding with our usual group again! :thumbsup:

• Punisher660

Posted February 09, 2006 - 05:54 PM

Sorry to steal the thread,
Indy, what is your setup for 5MOH?
Gearing changes? Tire changes?

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 09, 2006 - 06:28 PM

I run 13/52 with Michelin x11 trials tires front and back for slow nasty Moab. But for high speed washes and trails I switch my wheels back to 14/50 with a Teraflex Rear/Michelin Desert Front. I dont recommend trials tires for the high speed Moab trails. Got to carry 2 sets of wheels to get the most fun out of Moab. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.