Got the muffler insert, is this wron

13 replies to this topic
  • FrankTheTank

Posted January 20, 2006 - 08:01 AM

I ordered the GYT-R exhaust insert from my local shop. The web site states that this is for the stock exhaust. When I took it home last nite I do not see how this is supposed to install. When I look at the picture on Yamies web site is shows it in a round muffler when mine is oval in shape. Did I order the wrong part or did I not get all of the pieces as the only thing I got was the round port with 3 tubes welded to it.

Thanks in Adavance,

Josh

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 20, 2006 - 08:22 AM

Josh, yes you got the wrong insert.... I believe on the Yamaha site the part number doesn't match the correct year of bike. You have an insert made for the earlier WRs.. You have the 1998-2004 exhaust insert. It will not fit your bike with your exhaust. I don't even think GYT-R offers any kind of end cap for the exhaust. Promotobillet makes nice ones..

Here's the one you have....... It won't fit your 06
http://www.yamaha-mo...5/0/detail.aspx

Return it.....

Dan :thumbsup:

• FrankTheTank

Posted January 20, 2006 - 08:32 AM

Dan,
Thanks for letting me know. I will be jumping up my parts guys ass with both feet later (he's actually a good friend but I will have to stick it to him a little bit). So then I guess I will have to just get a whole new pipe then.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks again,

Josh

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 20, 2006 - 08:43 AM

Dan,
Thanks for letting me know. I will be jumping up my parts guys ass with both feet later (he's actually a good friend but I will have to stick it to him a little bit). So then I guess I will have to just get a whole new pipe then.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks again,

Josh

Josh, don't jump on him too hard, I think there's a typo in the GYT-R catalog.. :thumbsup:

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 20, 2006 - 10:49 AM

Don't waste your money on a whole new pipe. Pro Moto Billet makes an insert which fits 05 & 06 mufflers. It is a little more money than the wrong one that you have but well worth the little extra. :thumbsup:
Jim

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 20, 2006 - 10:50 AM

Parts counter guys................... If you got one you can trust great :thumbsup: but my experience is rarely good :bonk:

I don't get it, I know there are guys working in my local shop that KNOW motorcycles but they always seem to stick the idiots that don't know the difference between a fork seal and clutch lever behind the counter :eek:

Sorry........... had to get it out :thumbsup:

• FrankTheTank

Posted January 20, 2006 - 12:16 PM

Yea I have to stick with him ( he sells me everything at cost) as an example the 175.00 ASV F3 levers i got for 96.00$.. So I am willing to live with the mistake or two but I still have to rough him up a little every now and then.

L8R,

Josh

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drewpeacock

Posted January 20, 2006 - 12:24 PM

Yea I have to stick with him ( he sells me everything at cost) as an example the 175.00 ASV F3 levers i got for 96.00$.. So I am willing to live with the mistake or two but I still have to rough him up a little every now and then.

L8R,

Josh

It's amazing how much money we save with freinds in low places... :thumbsup:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 20, 2006 - 03:36 PM

I have the same situation... My buddy has been hooking me up for years.. I get everything just above cost. Every once in a while I'll bring in a bottle of Captain Morgan just to remind him what a good friend I am....... :thumbsup:

• TWILES

Posted January 20, 2006 - 03:57 PM

Why are you guys wanting to put inserts in the stock oval muffler? I took the quiet tip out of mine and it would pull the front end in all gears but 5th effortlessly. I put it back in when I took it to the local shop to set it out for sale. I took it down the road today and it is DOGGY with it in. If it don't sell and I don't trade it in, I'm going to get the White Bros. E-2 pipe. You guys heard anything about them?

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 20, 2006 - 04:17 PM

Why are you guys wanting to put inserts in the stock oval muffler? I took the quiet tip out of mine and it would pull the front end in all gears but 5th effortlessly. I put it back in when I took it to the local shop to set it out for sale. I took it down the road today and it is DOGGY with it in. If it don't sell and I don't trade it in, I'm going to get the White Bros. E-2 pipe. You guys heard anything about them?

Really loud wheelie machine, cool :thumbsup:

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 20, 2006 - 09:20 PM

I'm going to get the White Bros. E-2 pipe. You guys heard anything about them?

Yeah, My buddy has one. Try something else, like DR.D or FMF. The E2 is not that impressive.

• TWILES

Posted January 22, 2006 - 09:04 PM

Yeah, My buddy has one. Try something else, like DR.D or FMF. The E2 is not that impressive.

FMF would be my second choice. The E-2 was a little cheaper. I didn't want to spend any more than $400. What FMF would be the best one? They are a little confusing with so many different kinds. Hows the Factory 4.1?

• Matty05

Posted January 22, 2006 - 09:15 PM

FMF would be my second choice. The E-2 was a little cheaper. I didn't want to spend any more than $400. What FMF would be the best one? They are a little confusing with so many different kinds. Hows the Factory 4.1?

Procircuit 496..... you can fully de-restrict it. You can't with the FMF, but I think you can with the WB E2 as well, something to think about..... With the 496 endcap and quiet core insert (sparky with washer welded in it), I can tone down my Ti GP system to very quiet also.... something else to think about.

My point is, if you don't have to be quiet all the time, a restricted MX pipe might be better............. I haven't seen any quiet endcaps for the FMF 4.1 yet, but I have for the new Ti powercore. All they really are is and endcap with a 1" opening.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.