Gas tank Cracking

2 replies to this topic
  • Rocky

Posted September 10, 2001 - 09:04 PM

The WR is the 4th Yamaha I have owned over the past 20 years and every one of them developed cracks in the gas tank!!
There numerous micro fractures on the bottom of my gas tank. Is this a wide spread problem with the WR??
Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hootie

Posted September 10, 2001 - 07:19 PM

Originally posted by Rocky:
The WR is the 4th Yamaha I have owned over the past 20 years and every one of them developed cracks in the gas tank!!
There numerous micro fractures on the bottom of my gas tank. Is this a wide spread problem with the WR??
Thanks

Rocky ...The problem is bigger than most people think we are getting about 1 to 2 in a week with cracks ranging from the top of the tanks to the bottoms and most right down the middle we were getting them warrentee from the dealers but not anymore.a company called clark is making them. And if your lucky you may get one before they sell out of them again.

• PMAUST

Posted September 10, 2001 - 07:51 PM

Hootie, are you saying that it is the Clark tanks that are cracking? Or, that Clark sells replacement tanks. Thanks, P

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.