FMF pipe on xr600r(97)

1 reply to this topic
  • jericho

Posted January 20, 2006 - 05:45 AM

Hi there all.Just Bought the fmf Ti4 muffler and midpipe for my 1997 xr600r.I use 97 octane petrol in it.Do I need to do any rejetting for it or does it work straight out the box?I am from south africa and we only got rid of leaded petrol at the beginning of this year.I know its shocking.They have some sort of replacement agent for the lead so apparently no tuning necessary to compensate.Your advise is always appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nate992v

Posted January 20, 2006 - 08:15 AM

I have a '96, but without the midpipe. Re-jet it. It makes a world of difference. A UNI filter, removing the baffle, and the exhaust definately leans it out. FMF has recommended jetting on their website. It's a good place to start to get you in the ballpark. Where you live in SA?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.