Ever try ATF in a BRP's front forks?

3 replies to this topic
  • Thunderbug

Posted January 20, 2006 - 05:36 AM

I'm having trouble finding fork oil thinner than 10 wt, and so I was thinking of going with ATF.

Anyone ever tried that?

• BWB63

Posted January 20, 2006 - 06:11 AM

That was the ticket for the XR600R back in the day. They were not cartridge forks like they are in the XR650R now. Dextron is 7wt fluid. The XR650R works better with lighter fluid but, if you have nothing else tranny fluid will work and is better then what came in the forks from the factory. The stock fluid is 5wt but, has whale oil in it and lots of the rebound rods rust with it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR4DEZ

Posted January 20, 2006 - 08:39 AM

Order Silkolene(made by Fuchs) 2.5 weight from your local dealer or online.

• TREADMARKS

Posted January 20, 2006 - 10:11 AM

I have been using mobil 1 ATF in all my bikes forks for about 10 years. they ride so much nicer once you get the whale snot out! :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.