Stainless headers for a xr650L

11 replies to this topic
  • radvocaat

Posted January 19, 2006 - 09:33 PM

I would like to put a stainlees header on my xr650L, but can't seem to find one. Does anyone know if a header for a xr600R would fit my 650L, or who might sell a 650L header? Isn't the 600R motor the same as the 650L, with different boaring?? They look very similar(but not exact) when looking at the schematics. Any info at all would help!!--Thanks

• bigmike61

Posted January 20, 2006 - 12:02 AM

White Bros makes one. I've got one on my 95' 650L. It's bigger than the stock one and it doesn't have the heat shield like the stock header. They are worth the money. I had to replace the stock one because it cracked. I think ordered it off this web site. Good luck

• Motosprtman

Posted January 20, 2006 - 06:16 AM

Also the XR's only Header is offered in stainless

• roadcam

Posted January 20, 2006 - 09:00 AM

the stock L header is stainless from the factory , not the best grade, though

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted January 20, 2006 - 09:07 AM

Mine was painted steel. 2006 L.

• roadcam

Posted January 20, 2006 - 10:44 AM

2001 XR650L ..painted stainless steel on mine

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zrxchris

Posted January 20, 2006 - 11:17 AM

bastard.......if ya come across any other leads let me know.

can only afford a used full system right now for my L supermoto

• spezjag

Posted January 20, 2006 - 01:31 PM

I had a stainless FMF Powerbomb header on my last XR-L, and I believe they use the same model for the XR600R (which is still listed in their catalog) and the XR650L. I hope so, cause that's what I just ordered yesterday for my new XR-L!

Nice message board, by the way - I just joined today. Glad there's a place that caters to bikes like the XR-L. :thumbsup:

• radvocaat

Posted January 20, 2006 - 07:56 PM

Could you let me know how that FMF powerbomb header works out for you on your new L. Nice, a new XR-L!!!

• Motorrider

Posted January 20, 2006 - 09:25 PM

Yea, please let us all know if it fits! I too have an '06 650L, and still hunting for good accesories to blow all my money on! Hah, what else is there besides bikes right?! Please post your results, and bring some pictures if you can.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted January 21, 2006 - 07:13 PM

honestly man, are you on crack? dont worry, we wont tell your probey officer. honda has NEVER put a stainless header on a 650L

• roadcam

Posted January 21, 2006 - 07:48 PM

honestly man, are you on crack? dont worry, we wont tell your probey officer. honda has NEVER put a stainless header on a 650L

the header pipe on MY xr650L IS stainless steel, and it came that way from the factory .. I know what I have ... :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.