05' parts on 06'

4 replies to this topic
  • ethan

Posted January 19, 2006 - 08:58 PM

Will the oil filter from the 05' fit the 06'? Also, what about the clutch? My 05' has a GYTR clutch kit that only has five hours on it and I want to pull it and save it for the 06' when it needs it. Anybody know before I call the Yamaha shop and annoy him with my questions?

• FASTFORWARDMX716

Posted January 19, 2006 - 09:23 PM

I know that the oil filter will, not too sure about the clutch though

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SureBlue

Posted January 19, 2006 - 10:08 PM

The clutch should fit 99 %. I haven't found a '06 parts catalogue, but let me put it this way: Hinson makes the GYTR clutches, and Hinson lists their clutch components same for '04-'06, even '03 (apart from basket).

• MXKyle

Posted January 20, 2006 - 05:07 AM

Yamaha of Troy has an online parts fiche. You can check any part number from the two bikes and compare them.YOT

I do know that the front wheels are the same for the '03 and the '06 because I was too lazy to change tires so I just swapped wheels.

--KT--

• ethan

Posted January 20, 2006 - 06:57 AM

Thanks.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.