King Phillip Enduro,

5 replies to this topic
  • *mike68*

Posted September 10, 2001 - 05:29 AM

This will be My first enduro, or race for that matter. If all goes well this week, I will be raing it this sunday in Mass. Any tips for a rookie? I will be entering in the B class.

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 10, 2001 - 05:36 AM

Yes, You have the opportunity to pass the most people at the beginning of the race, use that time wisely.

Be sure your bike is thoroughly warmed up prior to the race. If it is dead engine start, do all your TDC stuff just prior to the start. This way, you just hop on the bike, kick and go. No screwing w/ your compression lever.

Don't go in wanting to kick everybody's ass, it will be more enjoyable this way.

• *mike68*

Posted September 10, 2001 - 06:43 AM

I am planning on my firs few enduros to be a learning experience. I will kick but next season.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • *mike68*

Posted September 11, 2001 - 01:50 AM

I found out that I will be racing C class if I go. You have to earn a certain amount of points or sredits to move up a class. No problem, I need to learn the timing thing and checkpionts, route sheets and all that other stuff anyways. The only thing that sucks is that it is a shorter event :)

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 16, 2001 - 02:42 AM

Did you race/ride today?

All details please!

Feeling like doing a turkey run?

• *mike68*

Posted September 17, 2001 - 05:31 AM

see post

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.