Hi Everyone

9 replies to this topic
  • dom426

Posted January 19, 2006 - 07:36 PM

My name is Adrian and i'am from Australia... this is my first post on this forum.. i would like to get the REAL DEAL on service intervals on a 05 WR450..

How many klms before piston/ring...?
how often do you drop the oil...?
and anything else i should know about...

i have a 01 YZ426F and i drop the oil after every weekend out... :thumbsup:
want to make the transfer to a WR i really want to suit it up for motard / street... any opinions on street / motard use...

sorry for the questions ... :thumbsup: :bonk:

Posted January 19, 2006 - 08:09 PM

Welcome Adrian, this site has any and all the info you will ever need. Just to let you know you can also search the forums for any info you are looking for. Just click the search button and type in what you are looking for. Sometimes you can find better info than just posting a question because the people who really know have already explained the stuff and sometimes don't want to repeat themselves. But you do get the super knowledgeable nice guys who will repeat themselves. Search around and anything you have a question about, just ask us. Welcome, Dan

• dom426

Posted January 19, 2006 - 09:01 PM

thanx Dan... :thumbsup: :bonk:

• 642MX

Posted January 19, 2006 - 09:07 PM

Welcome to TT. Like Dan said, do a search first and if you have any further questions just ask.

• Matty05

Posted January 19, 2006 - 09:42 PM

:thumbsup: It is good to get another Aussie here...............

Service intervals on WR450......... pretty much the same as your YZ426.
I change the oil every 500kms or so (every 5 rides), I have found that any longer, it looks spent.

As a motard, go for it! Keep on top of your services and you will be right.
GYT-R have a kit for about $3000, but if I were you, look around and you might be able to pick up a WR450 from a dealer with the motard kit fitted free. I have seen it before.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted January 20, 2006 - 05:45 AM

Welcome to TT Adrian :thumbsup:

• OneToGo

Posted January 21, 2006 - 01:29 AM

Hi Adrian
I dont know where you are from but I know that Ballards off road in the Western Suburbs of Sydney build supermot wheels to order. There is also a number of US sites (check out 2WF.com for a VERY nice supermotard Yamaha - YZ450 I think). You could probably get a new disc brake rotor (310-320mm) 4 pot clipar, brake line and lever as well - tyres as well of course. Matty05 is right, GYTR parts all in one moto for around 3100AUD sans tyres. I have been looking to do same to my 06WR but have yet to get deep enough into it, before laying out the $.
Please post any progress.
PS. The boys at Suttos also in Sydney west are very helpfull and may also be able to direct you.
Both above have internet site/e-mail contact.
Cheers Colin

• Matty05

Posted January 22, 2006 - 05:23 AM

The boys at Suttos also in Sydney west are very helpfull and may also be able to direct you.

Very cheap too! :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 22, 2006 - 05:39 AM

I would seriously consider the KTM 525 SMC

Posted Image

6 speed gearbox
Better cam for super moto
Already comes converted with wheels and larger brakes.
Increased steering head angle for stability.
Suspension is revised for Supermoto
fenders that work with super moto wheels.
Wider rims

etc, etc, etc.........

It would cost thousands more to properly convert the WR450 to Supermoto! :thumbsup:

• Matty05

Posted January 22, 2006 - 06:30 AM

It would cost us thousands and thousands more to get that bike into the country!
We don't get that one here :thumbsup:
We get alot of bikes here, but no full on supermoto ones. I think Husaberg the only ones here in aust, but they are just the enduro bike with SM wheels.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.