White goo under Oil cap

4 replies to this topic
  • rmracer27

Posted January 19, 2006 - 05:32 PM

I was changing my oil the other night when I noticed some white goo under my oil cap on the engine. I even took the plugs out where you check the timing at and noticed some there also. Its just like a drop or two. The rest of the oil was dark in color and could not see any white or a milky color. I know thats a sign of water or antifreeze in the oil. After the oil change I did another practice the other night and it was cold in the building and pooring the rain outside. I let the bike sit for a couple nights and checked the caps again only to find a very little bit of white goo under the oil cap. I have been doing some indoor racing and it has been in the high 30's far as temperature goes. Is this normal for the bike to have some white goo in those locations? The bike is a 05 yz450f and I'm running amsoil motor oil. I only have about 25 to 30 hours on the bike. I was thinking my seal was leaking at the water pump but after doing some searching in other post, they said it would leak out the weep hole first. The hole is not plugged up with dirt. Any help would be great.

• big t

Posted January 19, 2006 - 11:45 PM

It's normal. As long as the oil is not milky. It's from condensation.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • viking_in_wa

Posted January 20, 2006 - 12:20 AM

This can usually be caused from starting the bike and not letting it run long enough to properly warm up.

• madday

Posted January 20, 2006 - 06:44 AM

Viking, you are 100% correct. The same will happen to your car.

• viking_in_wa

Posted January 20, 2006 - 12:08 PM

not exactly 100%, but fairly sure, i have been an ASE certified tech for several years and from my experience from engine teardowns this is usually the cause, It also depends on the climate where you live.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.