wr cam chain timing dealio...

1 reply to this topic
  • o4hondacrf230

Posted January 19, 2006 - 05:15 PM

hi, i was wondering how to preform the wr to yz cam chain switch. i have a 2000 wr400 and was interested in turning the motor into the yzf. my only worry is weather it will substancially hurt the bottom end power. and if not how to perform the change over. im not a mechanical genius so a picture type guide or real thourgh instructions would be helpful. Thanks again, you've all helped me a dozen times-ed

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bamster

Posted January 19, 2006 - 05:39 PM

I didn't find that YZ timing my wr400 hurt the bottom end at all but the motor hits a lot harder in the mid to top end. Go here for the how too.
http://motoman393.thumpertalk.com/

It's very easy I rate it a 2 beer job :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.