Anyone do alittle woods riding on the 06?

2 replies to this topic
  • jgerdi

Posted January 19, 2006 - 05:09 PM

I'm thinking of getting the 06 450 . I'm wondering about the power delivery and occasionally taking it on tight single track trails.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 19, 2006 - 05:20 PM

I took mine out for her first trail ride today. Coming from a WR I cant believe how small and light the bike feels. It turns so smooth and easy its just incredible. I put a 12 tooth counter on it right away, because I could tell from the test ride in the parking lot I wasnt going to get along with the 13. I feel like that was a great move. The suspension is just nuts, unreal smooth and felt great landing the small jumps I do. I didnt ride it real hard today, just wanted to get the feel for it. I think she will be an awesome woods weapon, its just so easy to ride. I did get in some real tight, steep stuff and it was a dream, again, it just feels so small. I love it. The power is great, but not scary or too much, but its always there when you need it. I cant wait to really get used to it and take it on a big ride. :thumbsup:

• gholt651

Posted January 19, 2006 - 07:34 PM

I raced my for the first time last weekend on my 06 450( a gp style,trails and track).Coming from a 250 2 smoke I really did not know what to expect. BUTTER!!!! This bike is a blast to ride!! :bonk: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Once I got used to what gear I should be in it was great.The funny thing is I was'nt as sore after the race as I usually am after a 2 hour race and I hav'nt even got the suspention set-up yet. I have no complaints! The bike is very stable on the long straights,feels realy light when in the tight stuff,and likes the short shifts when you get tired. The biggest problem I had was using the power the best way. BUT, that could be because I'm used to a 2 smoke. A very good choice for both trail and track!!!

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.