Cam Mod on 05?

4 replies to this topic
  • Flaminchiten1967

Posted January 19, 2006 - 01:06 PM

I was considering doing the cam mod this weekend, the more I research it I see that it does not work on the 450's due to the auto decompression. Is this true for an 05? Or was it only for the 03 (which is what I saw the most saying it wouldn't work on)

• WGP

Posted January 19, 2006 - 01:35 PM

2005 has the auto-decomp, so doesn't work if you try to turn the cam to YZ timing. I think you can install a new cam though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Flaminchiten1967

Posted January 19, 2006 - 01:59 PM

Ya thats kinda what I figured but thought I would ask just to be 100% sure.

• farkawi

Posted January 19, 2006 - 04:33 PM

Actually the stock cam can be re-timed. It involves pressing the sprocket off and moving the cam so as not to interfere with the auto decomp. It's far less hassle to just pop for the YZ or Hotcams replacement though. Just for the record; I've found my WR to be plenty fast for the level of trail riding that I do so I've left it stock.

• Matty05

Posted January 19, 2006 - 07:06 PM

Actually the stock cam can be re-timed. It involves pressing the sprocket off and moving the cam so as not to interfere with the auto decomp. It's far less hassle to just pop for the YZ or Hotcams replacement though.

That is also very expensive to have done as well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.