New Bling purchased..Advice on seat cover?

27 replies to this topic
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted January 22, 2006 - 08:19 PM

Working on the seat because the machine shop is slow! I wont name any names. And i am good at multitasking wiseguy! :thumbsup: Safe riding guys...

haha, just givin ya a shit....but you do need to name names....thats what tt is for.....sharing about past experiences and what not. :thumbsup: :bonk:

• bigboredbiker

Posted January 23, 2006 - 02:16 AM

OMG....what have I started here, a war?
Seriously tho guys, thanks for all your help..the pig's looking nearly new again. Shame to get it dirty....gotta fix the pressure washer this week as well, or the bling will turn into a dark brown crusty mess.....lol :thumbsup:

• ajwashere

Posted January 23, 2006 - 12:03 PM

Ok your right. Its XR's only. They do quality work but it seems to take a little while. But i also did not call everyday or even every week. So maybe if you stay on them it will get done faster. You know the ol saying the sqeeky wheel gets the grease!

• TimBrp

Posted January 23, 2006 - 12:59 PM

Or the squeaky wheel gets replaced......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TahomaTom

Posted January 23, 2006 - 04:49 PM

I got one for my L from Baja Designs. It fit over the old one with room to spare.

The key is to just take your time. There is a write up on 4strokes but it does not tell you anything the instructions dont.

A shop locally offered to do it for 20.00.

• Wheels up

Posted January 24, 2006 - 08:15 AM

Yup..Here is a pick of my XR650L that i just installed XR600R foam and gripper cover made by CEET. It fit perfectly on the seat pan but an air stapler is a big help holding it down. Good luck and safe riding.Posted Image

Where did you get the black side panels?

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted January 24, 2006 - 08:26 AM

Yup..Here is a pick of my XR650L that i just installed XR600R foam and gripper cover made by CEET. It fit perfectly on the seat pan but an air stapler is a big help holding it down. Good luck and safe riding.Posted Image

maybe the bike is air-powered?
:thumbsup:

• ajwashere

Posted January 24, 2006 - 07:56 PM

Ha Ha you all so funny :thumbsup: Jk The motor is coming along now so i will post a pic when its back in so you guys can pick on someone else! Oh and the side panels where blue but i stripped them with Jasco and sprayed um black with supposed "plastic paint" but the paint seems fragile. I will probably repaint it white later...and no comments..i wont paint anything till the engine is done :bonk: Safe riding all. This website rocks!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.