Seat Cover

6 replies to this topic
  • marcusmoberg

Posted January 18, 2006 - 09:06 PM

I just installed the black/blue Guts Pleasure Line gripper seat cover over the tall seat foam!

It looks freakin awesome!

I'm still waiting on the loctite, new tube for rear tire and chain breaker so I can take off some links.

I got all of the parts off except the axle bolt on the rear of my WR400F.

I've been trying to tap the axle bolt through but it will not budge!

I have my WR on my motorcycle jack.

What is the best way to get the axle bolt off?

I was also thinking about buying a Magnetic Drain Bolt for my WR!

Should I buy it and is it worth it?

I also ordered Blue side panels and Blue fork guards and i'm waiting for them to come in.

• tweek

Posted January 18, 2006 - 10:42 PM

is the chain too tight? :thumbsup:

• sTTeve

Posted January 19, 2006 - 01:16 AM

#1 - Spray the axle bolt with WD40 or similar and let it soke for a night. If that does not work, try heating it.

# 2 -A magnetic drain bolt is a wise investment.

# 3 -Like tweek said, you might need a new chain and sprockets instead of shortening a worn chain. But to install sprockets you first need to remove the rearwheel, shich bringsa us back to #1

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • marcusmoberg

Posted January 19, 2006 - 01:17 AM

The chain is completely off! :thumbsup:

I can't figure out what is holding the axle bolt so tight in there! :bonk:

Probably the first time it has been taken out! :eek:

You can only tap it so far with a hammer because it just goes back in too far!

:thumbsup:

• marcusmoberg

Posted January 19, 2006 - 01:19 AM

#1 - Spray the axle bolt with WD40 or similar and let it soke for a night. If that does not work, try heating it.

# 2 -A magnetic drain bolt is a wise investment.

# 3 -Like tweek said, you might need a new chain and sprockets instead of shortening a worn chain. But to install sprockets you first need to remove the rearwheel, shich bringsa us back to #1

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I am installing New Renthal 520 O-Ring Chain, 14/47 Renthal Sprockets & Maxxis rear tire![/COLOR]

• drewpeacock

Posted January 19, 2006 - 05:51 AM

If WD40 and heat doesn't work try using a long (socket) extension and a big hammer. Just about the time you feel your arm is going to fall off it'll come out. good Luck...

• marcusmoberg

Posted January 19, 2006 - 03:28 PM

I've tried and tried and for the love of god and everything that is sacred the axle bolt will not come off! :p :thumbsup: :eek: :thumbsup: :bonk:

When I try to pull on it with pliers it hits something that makes it stop!

I have no idea what it is hitting!

If I keep tapping on it it will mess the threads up so bad the nut will not be able to go on!

I will probably take it to a friend of mine that works on dirtbikes and see what he can do!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.