Looking for a header for my '01 xr650L

5 replies to this topic
  • radvocaat

Posted January 18, 2006 - 09:01 PM

I can't seem to find a stainless header for my '01-xr650L. Anyone know where I can find one. I've done the open up of the airbox,smog off, jet kit, ground off all the metal crap that doesn't need to be there(pass. pegs, helmet holder, bracket for char canister) stock lights,chain guard,put new W/B muff. , renthal riser bars(im tall), took the stock header off an ground out the welds/flange,hmmmm what else.... anyway, you get the idea, im trying to make this heavy bike(I know, it always will be) as light a poss. and increase power as well. Anyone have any other ideas? I've got quite a heavy box of junk now!!Anyone want the stock metal tank, it's collecting dust. Can a xr600r header really fit my xr650L, or are there mods to make it work, and how extensive are the mods.
Thanks to everyone, what a great source of info, and everyone that posts and replys with info---YOU ROCK---Thanks--Fellow 650 lover!!!

• goblin127

Posted January 18, 2006 - 09:30 PM

XRs only has the header in stainless or plated. I think WB also has one along with my be FmF. I'm sure you will get plent of hit's on this.

• LotsOfBikes

Posted January 18, 2006 - 10:21 PM

I have a never-installed oversized header for my 1995 XR650L, from August of 1996. It is, I believe, stainless steel. I don't think that it is plated.

I did not install it because it didn't mate up with my supertrapp that I had at the time. The pipe diameter was too large to plug into the receiving end of the Supertrapp.

I was going to take the Supertrapp to a mufffler shop and have it made bigger, but I lost interest. I eventually reinstalled the stock muffler because it is quiet.

PM me if you are interested in buying it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LotsOfBikes

Posted January 19, 2006 - 09:21 PM

I have pictures of it Here.

There is also a picture of the purchase receipt from the day I bought it. The description there is also somewhat vague.

The Header did mate up to the stock muffler, but with the graphite spacer removed. So on the shelf it has been for almost 10 years. :thumbsup:

• radvocaat

Posted January 19, 2006 - 09:45 PM

Thanks Sean, i've PM you. Hope to hear from you!!!

• LotsOfBikes

Posted January 19, 2006 - 09:56 PM

Done :thumbsup:

FYI for everyone else who has Inquired about my Header:

To be fair: Since radvocaat is the originator of this thread, I will honor his transaction here. I will not start a bidding war for my own personal financial gain. If, however, radvocaat should change his mind, I will let you guys know..

The one who contacted me first by PM will be the next in line behind radvocaat.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.