TWMX mag rated the 2006 YZ450f....

161 replies to this topic
  • MichiganMXer

Posted January 19, 2006 - 10:33 PM

ooooOOOOOOooooo, 5000 posts :bonk:

try more than 15yrs old times 2

"doesnt have a bike" PULEEEEEZE, I will get free bikes for the rest of my life, I have a bunch of 06's in my garage now

who cares about your list, you can go on my list too

MOTOMOUTH..Fits

Hey is this you in your prime? Just kiddin man.

Anyways bro, in all of the shootouts I've read; the yami "feels" the lightest.
Its also got the best suspension.

To me, those count. General consensus; it sounds like the bike floats around the track.

That would make a quicker bike for a B rider like myself. :thumbsup:

Woh TOTP!!! (first time caller; long time listener. Never again) :thumbsup:

• MOTOMOUTH

Posted January 19, 2006 - 10:44 PM

MOTOMOUTH..Fits

Hey is this you in your prime? Just kiddin man.

Anyways bro, in all of the shootouts I've read; the yami "feels" the lightest.
Its also got the best suspension.

To me, those count. General consensus; it sounds like the bike floats around the track.

That would make a quicker bike for a B rider like myself. :thumbsup:

Woh TOTP!!! (first time caller; long time listener. Never again) :bonk:

DOOOOOOOOD, where did you get that picture of me? I need it for my wall of shame

BTW, ive ridden all the 06 450's, I can tell you first hand, the Kawi feels lighter than the YZF, the YZF has that traditional "stink bug feel"

before panties get ruffled, its just MY opinion

• JB440

Posted January 20, 2006 - 06:55 AM

I would like to have Mr. Emig give us his opinions of all the 06 450,s. I myself am trying to decide between the Kawasaki and Yamaha.

A true comparison from a rider of his caliber, on a forum like this would be great. No magazine editors or journalist to influence the outcome.

• Satch0922

Posted January 20, 2006 - 07:19 AM

Mr. Emig .

Please say it isn't so. How disappointing.

• grayracer513

Posted January 20, 2006 - 07:36 AM

How disappointing.

Shows how easily who you once were can be wiped out by what you do right now.

• Reyndogg

Posted January 20, 2006 - 07:43 AM

Just remember, he puts his boots on one at a time just like everyone else... :thumbsup:

• DPW

Posted January 20, 2006 - 07:56 AM

I would like to have Mr. Emig

I doubt it...not Emig's style and also Emig has won AMA championships. I don't think Motomouth has or he would have surely pointed that out.

Satch,
It's funny I held off that other former AMA pro( you know who) at VC for one lap, not bad for O/30 C/D rider..

• xtreme165

Posted January 20, 2006 - 08:16 AM

BWAAAAHAAAAHAAA :p :eek: put your money where your mouth is :bonk:

I have some $$$ laying around. I'll take your bet Motomouth! I know who you are but doesnt matter a cool bet never hurts anyone and I could use the cash so bring it when your out on the east coast for High Point or even closer Steel City. :thumbsup: A cool 30 plus 2 and I know the perfect spot.
HMM, what wager do you want? Bike for bike? $$$$, Women, etc... you name it. :thumbsup:

• DPW

Posted January 20, 2006 - 08:24 AM

I have some $$$ laying around. I'll take your bet Motomouth! I know who you are but doesnt matter a cool bet never hurts anyone and I could use the cash so bring it when your out on the east coast for High Point or even closer Steel City. :thumbsup: A cool 30 plus 2 and I know the perfect spot.
HMM, what wager do you want? Bike for bike? $$$$, Women, etc... you name it. :bonk:

Sounds like somebody was been served..

• Reyndogg

Posted January 20, 2006 - 08:30 AM

Nice avatar DPW :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JB440

Posted January 20, 2006 - 10:15 AM

Dangit! I thought I had it nailed. Guess I'll have to keep wondering. I thought he eluded that he may be a past national champ.

1. Lives in CA
2. 125, 250, and 500
3. Gets bikes given to him (factory takes care of past champs)
4. Loves Kawasaki
5. About 180-190 lbs.
6. Early 30's

I would have bet my !!##$$$ it was him. I'm on a mission now.

• Open_Class

Posted January 20, 2006 - 10:49 AM

Sounds like somebody was been served..

returned, with authority!

Top spin to the corner line

• MOTOMOUTH

Posted January 20, 2006 - 10:52 AM

lets see, you are 15 years away from graduating... worst case scenario, that would make you a 17 year old graduate plus 15 years post high school... hmmm, a 32 year old man in a d*ck measuring contest? so you are a has been whom has placed himself exactly where in his life? not to say that you fit the stereotype, but may kids in your situation still find themselves working in bike shops making $8 an hour when they are 30 years old... i am not bashing it, it is a noble profession if that is your passion.

so anyhow, he asked, you wouldnt respond with anything other than ask around? why are you scared to claim your desrved recognition?

additionally, you must be the king of all posers by dogging some body for riding a bikes that are not brand spanking new with the comment "go ride your dinasours." very mature talk for a 32 year old man...you sound like the al bundy of motocross with your nib high football recollections of your racing glory days...fag.

oh boy, another guy with one way mentality. you fools can dish it out but cant take it, then when you get your panties wadded, you guys try and form a gang, grow up

BTW, I retired sitting on MILLIONS from racing since you brought up the money issue

• JB440

Posted January 20, 2006 - 11:05 AM

Motomouth;

Keep dropping hints and I will figure it out. :bonk:

Oh! If you feel the need to disclose your identity, I'm great at keeping secrets :thumbsup:

• Crazyced

Posted January 20, 2006 - 11:07 AM

just pointed out another useless ragazine shootout and you get your panties in a bundle because YOUR bike was ranked 3rd :eek: :bonk:

Pointed out with the deadly "what happened?"(tone of voice is important here). :thumbsup: What did you expect from them? A good laugh and a tap in the back? I'm just curious. :thumbsup:

• DPW

Posted January 20, 2006 - 11:29 AM

oh boy, another guy with one way mentality. you fools can dish it out but cant take it, then when you get your panties wadded, you guys try and form a gang, grow up

Textbook example of "the pot calling the kettle black"

• Reyndogg

Posted January 20, 2006 - 11:33 AM

It's too bad that class isnt for sale, isn't it?

• Ga426owner

Posted January 20, 2006 - 11:43 AM

Motomouth;

Keep dropping hints and I will figure it out. :thumbsup:

Oh! If you feel the need to disclose your identity, I'm great at keeping secrets :thumbsup:

who friggin cares..........I don't :bonk:

• Open_Class

Posted January 20, 2006 - 11:53 AM

Sure you do or you would not be following up on the thread, like a lot of people are!

Plus, there has not been this much fun and harmless banter for a while now. It's bringing in more and more observers, and even spawned a few new members, and that's all good for the advertising dollar.

Have some fun, and oh yes...Moto has credentials.

• Jetsprint2

Posted January 20, 2006 - 12:00 PM

I just want to see the race that the bet was over. Doubt it will ever happen- this is mighty good entertainment. It is snowing outside but hot on the computer screen. :thumbsup: Good fun for a quiet Friday afternoon.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.