Dual Sport '04 YZ450F

11 replies to this topic
  • oreo_n2

Posted January 18, 2006 - 01:54 PM

Ok i have searched and read all kinds of thing this afternoon about this issue in the forums. I think i have a plan, and i need a yes or no kind of answer to tell me weather it will work.

Purchase an '04 WR450 stator
Apply Baja Designs mod to it, makes it one high power tap, install directly into my '04 yz450f, not requiring any mods.
Get high power Electrex rect/regulator or stock WR450 Reg/rectifier, install.

I will then have 150W of power for running lights and heated grips?

i need confirmation cause i found conflicting info about weather or not the WR stator will install in my YZ.

• INJURY_69

Posted January 18, 2006 - 05:03 PM

'02 and earlier are swapable

• INJURY_69

Posted January 18, 2006 - 05:04 PM

so the answer is no, you'll have to get the stock souped up and even then it won't have that much wattage (use HD?) or use an e-line attachment.

• oreo_n2

Posted January 19, 2006 - 07:05 AM

well the stock '04 yz stator doesn't appear to have a lighting coil at all. just ignition. So souping that up isn't really a choice.

If there is no way to put any WR stator into the bike... that means the power upgrade options are :
1: electrex ESL380 for 50 watts.
2: External stator (E-line from bajadesigns) for 180 watts.

right?

I am still not so sure there is not a WR stator option for power upgrades. Some people are very convincing that it will work. The dealership seems to be clueless. so that still leaves me unsure.

• Lopycam

Posted January 19, 2006 - 06:52 PM

Somebody please help as I want to rip this thing down the street and jump curbs. :bonk: :thumbsup:

Nathan

• oreo_n2

Posted January 20, 2006 - 05:49 AM

I think the e-line is the way to go.

that bike will be jumping curbs and taking licenses in no time!!!
:bonk: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 20, 2006 - 09:07 AM

I am still not so sure there is not a WR stator option for power upgrades. Some people are very convincing that it will work. The dealership seems to be clueless. so that still leaves me unsure.

I, however, am not clueless, and you won't be either in a second.

The WR450 stator is not interchangeable with the YZ450 by any practical means. The major parts required to swap it would be the stator, flywheel, ignition cover, left crankshaft axle, and crankcases. The WR uses an inside out flywheel arrangement to accommodate the electric starter drive, and the stator mounts to the ignition cover. The entire setup is totally different.

• oreo_n2

Posted January 20, 2006 - 10:14 AM

Very good info! Thank you!
E-line it is!

• oreo_n2

Posted April 14, 2006 - 04:47 AM

well.... it took longer than planned, but its built and on the road....
this wheely happy machine ROCKS!!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• TD-3

Posted April 14, 2006 - 08:33 AM

Definitely worth the wait! :thumbsup:

The bike looks awesome.

• vorra65

Posted April 14, 2006 - 09:09 AM

Is that a BD t lite/plate mount ?

• smokin529

Posted April 14, 2006 - 11:02 AM

Very nice!!! I'd love to d.s my '04, but in Washington it takes a lot of effort to get something like this legal. Great looking job!!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.